EDTracker Bundle (HCKITS0021, 21B, 21E, 21F, 21G, 21H & 21I)

EDracker products
andrew
Site Admin

Re: EDTracker Bundle (HCKITS0021, 21B, 21E, 21F, 21G, 21H & 21I)

Post by andrew » Tue May 26, 2020 12:31 pm

@juspopnap
@ARandy

We've just built up a small batch form our current stock, calibrated and tested them and they are all working perfectly. So for now i'm inclined to put this down to two a random issues. If you're still having no luck getting it to work can you email sales (at) hobbycomponents.com with your order number and we'll resolve the problem from there.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

juspopnap

Post by juspopnap » Sun May 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if that helps with anything, but it's worth a try.

Waiting for your email reply, I was playing with sketches a bit, and found out a way to finish Auto Gyro Bias and connect my device with 4.0.4 GUI.

Steps I took in order to succesfully complete initial Auto Calibration:
  1. Flash device with any iteration ( 4.0.5, 4.1.0, 4.1.1)
  2. Dismiss Auto Gyro Bias since it takes "forever" at this stage.
  3. Disconnect the device in GUI ( to unlock COM port access).
  4. Open Arduino IDE -> Serial Monitor.
  5. Input "V" in Serial Monitor and send:

Commnad is defined as follows:
    Serial.println("V"); //verbose
    sendInfo();
    scl();
    outputUI = true;
    // if (DEFAULT_MPU_HZ > 101)
    dmp_set_fifo_rate(DEFAULT_MPU_HZ / 2);
    reportRawMagMatrix();

Raw data starts to flow.
  6. Close Serial Monitor ( to unlock COM port access)
  7. Connect device again in GUI.
Result:
Auto Gyro Bias finished in several seconds.
I get gyro and temp readings
Magnetometer calibration is still unresponsive regardless sensitivity level. All brackets are blank, no points registered.

matts

Post by matts » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Hi, i've assembled my diy kit, but i can't use it. Win 10 recognice the device and i can try it under peripherals proprieties, instead under EDtracker software there's no device, any hint?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:11 am

Win 10 recognice the device and i can try it under peripherals proprieties
Do you mean that it is appearing as a game controller in Windows settings?

, instead under EDtracker software there's no device, any hint?
The most likely cause is that the drivers for the Pro Mico haven't installed correctly or you haven't yet installed them.

Can you open up device manager by right clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your desktop and in the menu that opens up, left click on device manager.

Then in device manager do you see the EDTracker appear as a serial COM port under the 'Ports (COM & LPT)' section when you plug it in?

If so is it showing any errors?

If not does it appear anywhere else in device manager, or as an unknown device?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

matts

Post by matts » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:43 am

this is how i see
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:53 am

Ah! I see the problem. You have the wrong version of the GUI. The one you have is for the EDTracker pro, you need the DIY version (EDTracker2-GUI-V4.0.4.zip):

http://www.edtracker.org.uk/index.php/d ... gory/4-gui

matts

Post by matts » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:10 am

Thank you very much, my friend, it seems to be working!

Tiltosteron

Post by Tiltosteron » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello,
i can't get my presoldered Edtracker (bought from hobbycomponents) to work. The Device itself seems to work fine, calibrating it in the Gui worket, it detects movement inside the gui. However it doesn't show up in OpenTrack. I've added pictures of how it looks for me.
Reinstalled the Arduino Drivers, the Gui and OpenTrack multiple times, tried different versions, nothing worked so far :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:06 am

Something very weird is going on with your setup! I can see from your screenshots that your EDTracker is showing up as an Arduino Uno. This is very wrong. The EDtracker uses a different microcontroller to an Uno and the VID/PIDs will be different so I don't even see how this would be possible.

I'm sure this is not the case but I don't suppose you actually have an Arduino Uno plugged into your computer do you? Also out of interest does the EDTracker show up as a game controller in Windows? I.e. in the Windows search bar type 'game'. In the list that pops up you should see 'Set up USB game controllers'. Click that option and in the window that opens up do you see an entry for the EDTracker? It should say something like 'EDTracker EDTracker2'.

If not my first suggestion would be to strip out whatever driver is installed to make sure you have the correct one installed. To do this find the EDtracker in device manager and then right click on it and select 'Uninstall device' . If after selecting that a new window pops up make sure you check the 'Delete the driver software for this device' check box then click uninstall.

Tiltosteron

Post by Tiltosteron » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm

I do not have an Arduino Uno plugged in :D
The Tracker does not show up as a windows game controller.
I've reinstalled the drivers once more, now it is listed as "serial usb device", however that didnt change anything regarding OpenTrack nor the game controller list.
I've tried installing the drivers with Arduino Software aswell as just the drivers from the EdTracker website, same result (Also tried installing the drivers manually).

Return to “EDTracker”