Hobby Components USB 8CH 24MHz Logic Analyser (HCTEST0006)

Hobby components test equipment
geeksteve

Re: Hobby Components USB 8CH 24MHz Logic Analyser (HCTEST000

Post by geeksteve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am

Hi,

I've got it working on Ubuntu now so I'm happy. I only tried it on Windows as I figured Linux would be a lost cause!

Either way, I'm very impressed with the support you've given. I bought mine from your eBay store, usually I find cheap electronics off eBay to be a lost cause but I've been very impressed. I'll definitely be buying more things from you in the future.

Steve

doktorsteve

Post by doktorsteve » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:29 pm

I received my analyser today and sadly I see most of the above problems:

In Win 7 x64 I don't know if I am loading the driver. There is a box that flashes but I cannot read it so but I cannot tell if that is good or bad.

The analyser attaches as an unknown device with VID 0925 and PID 3881. Does this mean the processor has not been flashed?

Steve

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Some versions of windows (64 bit) actively block unsigned drivers. This is likely to be your issue. There are several things to try in the following order:

1) Restart your computer and as it reboots press F8 to get into the windows boot options menu. Then from the boot menu select 'Disable driver signature enforcement'. When your computer reboots try the installer exe file again.

2) In the driver folder locate the fx2lafw.inf file and right click it. From the context menu select install.

3) Open up device manager and locate the analyser (will probably be listed as unknown device), right click it and select 'Update driver software'. In the window that opens up click the 'browse my computer for driver software' button and navigate to wherever you saved the driver folder then click ok.

4) Install the Sigrock PulseView software. Then navigate to C:\Program Files\sigrok\PulseView\

In that folder you will find a file called zadig.exe

Double click to run it. In the window that opens up you should see the logic analyser listed. If not go to options->list all devices. In the selection box below make sure you have WinUSB (vx.x.xxxx.xxxxx) listed, then click the install WINICD driver button.

Hopefully one of the above will resolve your problem.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

doktorsteve

Post by doktorsteve » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:26 pm

I read the article about changing the VID and PID then realised that VID and PID are for another analyser. I downloaded the package for that device and now I can use that driver.

Works well with Pulsview

Steve

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Ok no problem. We ship them with the default VID of 04B4 and PID of 8613. They are also currently shipped with no firmware as PulseView pushes the current firmware into it anyway. I'm not sure why yours would be different.

If anybody reading this thread is still having issues installing the driver after trying the above steps could they contact support (at) hobby components.com with their order number and we will attempt to resolve the problem.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:13 pm

@AshHalfheart

There is a new version of PulseView available. I've just tested it on a clean install of Windows 8 and I can confirm that it is working fine. If your still seeing this issue try installing the latest version.

RLSprouse

Post by RLSprouse » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:48 pm

I just received my logic analyzer in the post. Unfortunately I did not realize the software is Windows only. Has anyone been successful getting it running under Mac OS X?

~ Russ

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:52 pm

There are some homebrew versions. Have you looked at the following page?

http://sigrok.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X#Building_using_Homebrew

AntalVincz

Post by AntalVincz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the USB driver files, but doesn't extract that.
I try two computer, but doesn't work.

Thank you

Tony

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:07 pm

I downloaded the USB driver files, but doesn't extract that.
I've just check it and everything seems to unzip ok. Are you downloading it from the link in the first post of this thread? Here is the correct link again:

http://hobbycomponents.com/downloads/HC ... Driver.zip

Return to “Test Equipment”