Arduino Ethernet W5100 Network Shield (HCARDU0034)

lloydwatkin

Re: Arduino Ethernet W5100 Network Shield (HCARDU0034)

Post by lloydwatkin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses.

Both shields powered off USB. Are you thinking this may be a power issue? Will trying a powered USB hub possibly solve the issue?

I do see the debug output that I added but nothing more.

IP address is on the same subnet as the router., set as 192.168.0.80. Some f the example code from the arduino IDE for ethernet seems to get slightly further but always reports back the IP address as 0.0.0.0.

Cables all confirmed working with laptop.

Thanks, Lloyd.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 am

Yes, there doesn't appear to be any obvious problems with your set up, and there's not much point in trying to debug the sketch because we know it should work fine with your hardware. However if you have it plugged into an unpowered USB hub this could be an issue. If you can try it with another powered USB port, or directly connected to a port on your computer, this will help to try and rule that out.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

lloydwatkin

Post by lloydwatkin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:54 am

Hi,

Tests were performed with the arduino connected directly to a USB port on the laptop. I will give it a go on a powered USB3 port this evening (USB3 hub should have plenty of power to provide) and let you know what happens.

Thanks, Lloyd.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Ok, it is grasping at straws but worth eliminating before having to resort to a return.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

lloydwatkin

Post by lloydwatkin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi Andrew,

Couldn't post last night as the forum seemed to be down. I plugged the arduino+shield into a wall socket and whilst I can't be conclusive on whether it worked or not (as I couldn't see serial out + didn't have server running) there was a lot more flashing on the ethernet shield when it came to TX/RX. I'll hopefully have time this evening to plug arduino into computer via powered USB3 hub and report back definitively.

Thanks for your help, Lloyd.

lloydwatkin

Post by lloydwatkin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi Andrew,

Couldn't post last night as the forum seemed to be down. I plugged the arduino+shield into a wall socket and whilst I can't be conclusive on whether it worked or not (as I couldn't see serial out + didn't have server running) there was a lot more flashing on the ethernet shield when it came to TX/RX. I'll hopefully have time this evening to plug arduino into computer via powered USB3 hub and report back definitively.

Thanks for your help, Lloyd.

ashvanth88

Post by ashvanth88 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi,

even i am experiencing the same problems as mentioned above. any othe rsuggestions that can be done to make the sheild work??

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Could you confirm what LED's you see illuminated on the shield and that you have tried our example sketch in the first post of this thread? Also what type of Arduino board are you using and how are you powering it?

ashvanth88

Post by ashvanth88 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:10 pm

I am using an arduino UNO Rev3 board with the shield. The pwr, link, 100m, fulld and L leds are turned on, but none of the other.
i also tried creating a static ip for the mac address of the shield in the router configuration to see if that will solve the problem.
i have also tried the example codes as well as the analogue input example and the serial monitor shows nothing.
i tried with bot usb as well as an indpendent 9v power supply and still there no ip address being assigned to it.

ashvanth88

Post by ashvanth88 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I am using an arduino UNO Rev3 board with the shield. The pwr, link, 100m, fulld and L leds are turned on, but none of the other.
i also tried creating a static ip for the mac address of the shield in the router configuration to see if that will solve the problem.
i have also tried the example codes as well as the analogue input example and the serial monitor shows nothing.
i tried with bot usb as well as an indpendent 9v power supply and still there no ip address being assigned to it.

Return to “Arduino Shields”