Altera FPGA/CPLD USB programmer (HCDVBD0007)

Altera development boards and accessories
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Altera FPGA/CPLD USB programmer (HCDVBD0007)

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 am

I'm afraid we are unable to redistribute the software but I've just given it a quick check myself and it seems to work ok for me.

What's the error you're seeing?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

red88dz

Post by red88dz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi

thank you for your answer the problem of autentification is solved

but i need your help for a question if possible !!

i need to dowload a program from altera device Max7000s but i found anywhere in quartus programmer the right way to download it

can you help please ?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:27 am

These steps assume you are using a USB blaster programmer snd it is connected to your CPLD/FPGA development board:

1) In the Quartus main screen open up the programmer window by clicking on the 'Tools' menu and selecting 'programmer'.

2) In the programmer window that just opened up select your programmer by clicking the Hardware Setup button in the top left of the window.

3) In the new window that has just opend select your programmer from the list (e.g. USB-Blaster), then click the close button to close the window

4) You should now see your programmer in the text box next to the hardware setup button you previously clicked

5) In the mode drop down selection box select 'JTAG' for CPLD devices or 'Active serial programming' for FPGA device

6) Add the file you wish to upload to the device by clicking the 'Add File button'.

7) Once you have selected the file you wish to program it should appear in the top half of the programming window. You will also notice there are some check boxes listed next to it. Make sure that the 'Program/configure' and optionally the 'Verify' check boxes are ticked.

9) Now click the 'Start' button and if everything is setup correctly it should program your device.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.