7" Colour TFT display with driver board (HCMODU0096)

LCD, TFT, OLED, LED modules
admin
Site Admin

7" Colour TFT display with driver board (HCMODU0096)

Post by admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:10 am

This is a large 7" colour TFT display with driver module. It has a high resolution of 800 * 480 pixels and together with the controller it can directly accept a video signal via its standard HDMI, VGA, or composite inputs. This means the display can be used as a general purpose monitor making it ideal for use with small in embedded computers like the RaspberryPi. Its analogue inputs also means that it is a good solution for old hardware that doesn't have HDMI capabilities.

ImageImage

Features:

7 Inch colour TFT display
High resolution 800 x 480 pixels
Dedicated driver board with RTD2660 controller
HDMI digital input
VGA input
Composite input.
Compatible with most embedded computer such as the RaspberryPi,
Applications: mobile DVD, digital photo frame, car systems, multimedia applications and other audiovisual systems

Specifications:

Product Code: HCMODU0096
Resolution: 800 x 480
Operating voltage: 5 to 12V (see item HCPOWE0006 for a suitable power supply)
Rated Power: 6-7W
Signal input: AV + VGA + HDMI (HDMI 1.2)
Touch screen: Not supported
Backlight: LED
Dimensions (screen): 155 x 87mm
Dimensions (with bezel): 165 x 100mm

Please note:

To connect the screen to the driver board you will need to insert the ribbon cable from the screen into the socket on the driver board. Please take care when doing this and do not use any excessive force otherwise you will risk damaging the cable and the socket.

When in use the ribbon cable should not be subjected to mechanical stress.

Please follow these steps to insert connect the screen to the driver board:

1) Locate the socket for ribbon cable on the driver board.

2) Gently pull the black part of the connector forward slightly. It should only move out by ~ 1mm. Do not force it any further.

3) Insert the ribbon cable into the socket. When inserted there will be ~ 1mm of the gold contact pads exposed from the connector. Do not force the cable in any further.

4) Once the cable is inserted and correctly aligned push the black part of the connector back to its original position. This should firmly hold the ribbon cable in place.

FAQ:

Can I connect this display to my Arduino?

No, only devices capable of generating a video signal.

I've connected the display to my RaspberryPi but there are black borders, how do I make it use the whole of the display?

The controller will not upscale the video signal from your Pi. You will therefore need to make sure that the resolution of your desktop is set to 800x480. To do this on a RaspberryPi running Raspbian you'll need to edit the config.txt file. This can be access simply by holding the shift key as Raspbian boots or by opening a terminal window and from the root folder issue the following command:

Code: Select all

sudo pico /boot/config.txt
Then add or modify the following lines:

hdmi_group = 2
hdmi_mode = 87
hdmi_cvt = 800 480 6 0 0 0
disable_overscan = 1
Additionally if you have the following overscan lines uncommented, comment them out by putting a # at the beginning of the line as follows:

#overscan_left = 24
#overscan_right = 24
#overscan_top = 16
#overscan_bottom = 16

dgw

Re: 7" Colour TFT display with driver board (HCMODU0096)

Post by dgw » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi, is there any information on how to use/connect to the 'control interface' of this board? I'm assuming it would give access to a set of onscreen adjustments.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:25 am

Yes the control inputs (source, -, +, menu and standby) are for controlling the on-screen display. They are simply just input pins for connecting push buttons too. You can trigger an input by shorting it to the GND (0V) pin.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

badre2911

Post by badre2911 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 pm

hi,
what is the version for this board, is v 9 ?
thanks in advance.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes the screen print on our current stock is marked as PCB800099-V.9
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

badre2911

Post by badre2911 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:50 pm

thank you .
what is the reference of screen, is ATN070TN92 ?
Regards.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:49 am

The display itself is not actually marked with a reference number. However I'm afraid we are now sold out of our current stock and we don't intend to restock it in the near future.

badre2911

Post by badre2911 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:57 pm

hi,
i received the product and it work well.
what is the connector type ?
is mini jst 1.25mm, mini jst 1.0mm or mini jst 2.54mm ?
Regards.

badre2911

Post by badre2911 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi,
I forgot to tell you that when I received the material, the screen is completely scratched everywhere, it's a shame
Regards.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 pm

what is the connector type ? is mini jst 1.25mm, mini jst 1.0mm or mini jst 2.54mm ?
I believe it's some sort of FFC type connector with a pitch of 0.5mm

Just to point out if your using the screen with your own custom board please be careful with the ribbon cable where it enters the screen as it's not designed to be stressed.
I forgot to tell you that when I received the material, the screen is completely scratched everywhere, it's a shame
The screens come with quite a thick screen protector fitted to them to stop the screens getting scratched when in transit. It is sometimes hard to see it. Have you by any chance removed this protector?

Return to “Display”