Flexible Digitally Controlled RGB LED strips (HCOPTO0028)

LCD, TFT, OLED, LED modules
Ananym

Re: Flexible Digitally Controlled RGB LED strips (HCOPTO002

Post by Ananym » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi guys - great product, the LEDs are bright and vibrantly coloured. However, having a little trouble - would greatly appreciate some advice.
I'm trying to get the example code in the first post working. Number of LEDs set to 30 in the header, but no other edits.
I've been using the Arduino compatible Nano and Arduino compatible Mega both also from HC.

Half the refreshes work fine, but every other refresh will just set every LED to full blinding white instead of the intended pattern. This holds for both boards, I tried the Mega to see if it was a board-specific timing thing.

Just using a D-cell battery as a power supply regulated to 5V by the Red Wings breadboard module, nothing complicated.
Would love to put these to use, so thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Flexible Digitally Controlled RGB LED strips (HCOPTO002

Post by andrew » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:41 am

Does the same thing happen if you power the Arduino via USB? Also what version of the Arduino IDE are you using? It should show the version number in the top left hand part of the window.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “Display”