MAX7219 8 Digit Seven Segment Display Module (HCMODU0082)

LCD, TFT, OLED, LED modules
andrew
Site Admin

Re: MAX7219 8 Digit Seven Segment Display Module (HCMODU0082)

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:01 am

They're not actually our product, we're just a re-seller for them. But I see your point about the headers - would make more sense for them to be fitted on the reverse side. I'll feed it back to the manufacturer when the opportunity arises.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Phil-S

Post by Phil-S » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Thanks for that.
I had guessed they were bought in.
They're quite good quality PCB-wise.
I have managed to de-solder all the headers and display sockets. The displays are soldered straight in now and are a little tidier. I reversed the male headers and added offset (0.05") pins to bring them into line with 0.1" perfboard.
With the Nano onboard, it makes quite a useful counter, even at very fast count rates.
For what it's worth, I always use the StateChange example from the Arduino IDE to process button or digital changes. Of all the examples, this one seems the most reliable

Mini

Post by Mini » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:07 am

Hi,

Please, where can I find a drawing with precise dimensions including the PCB holes diameters and positions?

I'm asking because I would like to request a quote for laser cutting an acrylic mask.
(Or in some fireproof material... no idea yet if they offer any such alternatives.)