PT2262 & PT2272 Wireless Modules (HCMODU0040 & HCMODU0041)

Wireless and wired modules including Bluetooth, Ethernet, and IR kits.
david

Re: PT2262 & PT2272 Wireless Modules (HCMODU0040 & HCMODU004

Post by david » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Andrew,
Just to let you know I have it working at about 2-3meters, so I can just get away with it.
The combination of your suggestions adding the capacitor across the relay and I rearrange the power supply, the relay module and the receiver module this improved it, but the strange thing which really made the difference using alkaline batteries in place of the lithium. With two new lithium AA batteries measuring 1.65v each = 3.3v I can only get about 1 meter away, using two new alkaline batteries with a total of 3.1v I can get 2-3 meters away both have a constant 5v output from the step up power module. I tried a couple of old alkaline batteries with a total output of 2.4 v still with a constant 5v from the step up module but it would only work at about 1 meter away again. Strange but I thought you would be interested to know, thanks again for all your help.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:10 am

It is strange how you are getting a much smaller range then we are with the actual modules we tested, but it is clear that connecting a relay module to the receiver is having a big effect on its range. It has to be either the relay upsetting the receivers power supply or the EMF produced by the relay switching. I suspect its the former of the two as the capacitor helps and also moving the relay further away improves range slightly (more so when we tested it). I've now removed the example diagram until I can understand exactly what's causing the degradation in range when connected to a relay module.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Whacko

Post by Whacko » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:26 am

I'm interested in these transmitters and receivers for a hobby project.
However, I have some issues with the information given.

I know th PT2262 and PT2272 chips support different addresses. But are these configurable on the kits? or are they the same for every single kit I order? i.e. will kits interfere with each other? For instance the transmitter in this project uses the same chips: http://jjshortcut.wordpress.com/2011/07 ... lled-room/
Would I be able to create a receiver on the same address and use it for something different?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 am

I know th PT2262 and PT2272 chips support different addresses. But are these configurable on the kits?
Yes you can change the address, there are a set of pads on the underside of the modules that allow you to easily jumper with solder the appropriate pins to VCC or VDD.
or are they the same for every single kit I order? i.e. will kits interfere with each other?
The default address is the same for all modules but can be change as per above. If you are running more than one transmitter these cannot transmit at the same time as they will interfere with each other, even if they are on different addresses. You can however use multiple receivers at the same time.
or instance the transmitter in this project uses the same chips: http://jjshortcut.wordpress.com/2011/07 ... lled-room/ Would I be able to create a receiver on the same address and use it for something different?
I'm afraid we can't guarantee compatibility with other third party products. That said I don't think the project in the link would work. I've only quickly scanned through but I don't see any mention of a PT2272 device being used.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Whacko

Post by Whacko » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks for your answer. As the pictures don't show the underside of the kit I didn't see the pads for the address pins. That's great information.

As you said you cannot guarantee it will work with the project I linked. That is ok, it does however use PT2272 receivers for the electrical sockets. Since I will be building my own transmitter, I can change the addresses myself. Maybe encode the address in software instead using an arduino, and just use the receivers from your shop.

I will still need to do some research, but the fact that the addresses can be changed is promising. I'm not sure if this forum is the right place for it, but I might post progress of my project.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:29 pm

I've now added these comments to the first post as we do get asked these questions quite often.

If the receivers do use PT2272's, and the frequency is the same, there is a chance that it will work but it is a gamble. Please feel free to link to your project, If you don't think its relevant to this thread you can just create a new topic in the community projects section of the forum where it will be more visible.

maximilian

Post by maximilian » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi,
Can I use more than 5V for PT2272 modul?
On the delivered modul is printed: 5V. In datasheet for the chip (alone?): "Wide Range of Operating Voltage: VCC=4~15V".
Is it possible to use 12V for the transmitter PT2262 and 5V or 9V for the Receiver PT2272 modul?
will they work together easily with different supply voltages in use?
Is very important to know, cause one transmitter is intended for the garage door as a status indicator and 12V are available.
The receiver is provided for the control unit, which is operated at 5V and/or 9V.

There are a set of pads on the underside of the modules that allows jumper with solder.
A0-A5 (Pin 1-6) are for Code setting.

A6-A7 (Pin7&8) Code Address Pin Nos. 6 ~ 11/Data Pin Nos. 5 ~ 0.
These six pins are used as higher address input
bits or data output pins depending on the version
(type) of PT2272 used.
When used as address inputs, these pins are
tri-state input pins and each pin can be set to “0”,
“1”, or “f” (floating).

"data output pin"? i don't need it, but it is interresting. Unfortunately, I do not understand it.
If i want to change the code. Must/can i use A6/A7 pins too? Have the A6-A7 Pins to be default (floating) without soldering or must i set them to High/low too?
I don't want to use the A6 and A7 pins for "data output pins". Only for code Adress setting or not at all.

Please help me, thank you.

edit /PS
I would like to have a current plan (circuit plan/schematic prints) with the components. So from the modules with PCB itself, not only data sheets of the PT2262 & PT2272 chips. Can you provide dise is available to help please. Thank you.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Can I use more than 5V for PT2272 modul?
On the delivered modul is printed: 5V. In datasheet for the chip (alone?): "Wide Range of Operating Voltage: VCC=4~15V".
Is it possible to use 12V for the transmitter PT2262 and 5V or 9V for the Receiver PT2272 modul?
The manufacture specs it to be 5V only for the Rx module and abd 3 to 9V for the Tx module. I don't have access to the schematic of the circuit so it's not obvious why they have done this but I guess either something in the circuit is not rated to work above these voltages, or the circuit will not operate correctly if used above this voltage.
"data output pin"? i don't need it, but it is interresting. Unfortunately, I do not understand it.
The Tx module has a simple high frequency oscillator (oscillating at 315MHz or 433MHz depending on which module you have purchased) which is the part that does the actual transmitting. The data output pin (DOUT) is used to turn this oscillator on and off in a pattern depending on the state of address and data inputs. This pattern of transmitting and not transmitting is then received and decoded by the Rx module which is then fed into its DIN pin.
If i want to change the code. Must/can i use A6/A7 pins too? Have the A6-A7 Pins to be default (floating) without soldering or must i set them to High/low too?
You don't have to change any of the pins address pins (A0-A7). They can be left floating or pulled high/low in any combination you want.
I don't want to use the A6 and A7 pins for "data output pins". Only for code Adress setting or not at all.
This is dependant of the version of PT2272 device. On the modules we sell they are the M4 version. This means that pins 1 to 8 (A0 to A7) are fixed as address pins and pins 12 to 15 (D0 to D3) are fixed as data output pins. You cannot change the function of these.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

I would like to have a current plan (circuit plan/schematic prints) with the components. So from the modules with PCB itself, not only data sheets of the PT2262 & PT2272 chips. Can you provide dise is available to help please. Thank you.
I'm afraid the manufacturer does not supply schematics for these modules. However you can refer to the reference designs in the datasheets for an idea of how they work.

bourneelec

Post by bourneelec » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:20 pm

A quick question, what happens if you apply more than on input at at a time.
Many Thanks

Return to “Wireless / Wired”