TTP223 Capacitive Touch Sensor (HCSENS0039)

Modules for various types of sensors including accelerometers. gyro's, IR motion, etc
emarg

Re: TTP223 Capacitive Touch Sensor (HCSENS0039)

Post by emarg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Thanks you for the guide. I'm trying to control a 12V actuator with the sensor. I'm stepping voltage down to 5V (see link 1) to the sensor. Then from the sensor to a step up convertor (see link 2) back to 12V. The step up convertor can't go above 6.04 V. Do I need to add anything to the I/O of the sensor so that the step up convertor can reach the target 12V? Thank you.

Link 1: [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Link 2: [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:40 am

If I'm understanding what you're trying to do correctly I'm afraid you can't power the step-up power supply module from the output of the touch sensor. The TTP223's output is just a digital pin and is only capable of sourcing a maximum of 8mA which I doubt is enough to power both the step-up module and the actuator. I would suggest using the sensor to switch a transistor or a relay module like below which you could then use to switch power to your step-up module:

https://hobbycomponents.com/relays/57-5v-relay-module
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

salar1991

Post by salar1991 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 am

Hi, I have designed a simple 4 pole touch key using ttp223 and modified it a couple of times. I encountered a problem using the final version of it. most of the time it works fine but sometimes when all the switches are on and I touch the third pole it doesn't respond to touching for 10 seconds and then it is back to normal and sometimes while I press the other poles the third pole has a false detection. the circuit has two parts that are connected to each other with pin headers. the power circuit and the touch key circuit that I attached the schematic and PCB for both of them. for the power, circuit p1 is the pin header for 220 to the 5-volt power supply. in the touch key circuit, p1 to p4 are PCB pads. a light guide is placed over the LEDs and the PCB pad and a 4mm glass are placed on the light guide. D1 to D4 are 1n4148. can anyone tell me what is the problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sensors”