TTP223 Capacitive Touch Sensor (HCSENS0039)

Modules for various types of sensors including accelerometers. gyro's, IR motion, etc
emarg

Re: TTP223 Capacitive Touch Sensor (HCSENS0039)

Post by emarg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Thanks you for the guide. I'm trying to control a 12V actuator with the sensor. I'm stepping voltage down to 5V (see link 1) to the sensor. Then from the sensor to a step up convertor (see link 2) back to 12V. The step up convertor can't go above 6.04 V. Do I need to add anything to the I/O of the sensor so that the step up convertor can reach the target 12V? Thank you.

Link 1: [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Link 2: [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

andrew
Site Admin

Re: TTP223 Capacitive Touch Sensor (HCSENS0039)

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:40 am

If I'm understanding what you're trying to do correctly I'm afraid you can't power the step-up power supply module from the output of the touch sensor. The TTP223's output is just a digital pin and is only capable of sourcing a maximum of 8mA which I doubt is enough to power both the step-up module and the actuator. I would suggest using the sensor to switch a transistor or a relay module like below which you could then use to switch power to your step-up module:

https://hobbycomponents.com/relays/57-5v-relay-module
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.