Arduino Compatible Leonardo - Funduino brand (HCARDU0050)

admin
Site Admin

Arduino Compatible Leonardo - Funduino brand (HCARDU0050)

Post by admin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:31 pm

The Arduino Leonardo is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega32u4. It has 20 digital input/output pins (of which 7 can be used as PWM outputs and 12 as analogue inputs), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a micro USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with an AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started.

The Leonardo differs from all preceding boards in that the ATmega32u4 has built-in USB communication, eliminating the need for a secondary processor. This allows the Leonardo to appear to a connected computer as a mouse and keyboard, in addition to a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port.

Summary
Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
Operating Voltage: 5V
Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
Digital I/O Pins: 20
PWM Channels: 7
Analog Input Channels: 12
DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
Flash Memory: 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
SRAM: 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)
EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega32u4)
Clock Speed: 16 MHz

Pinout

FAQ:

Why does the USB interface disappear and reappear when I program or reset my board?
It is normal for the USB port on a Leonardo to disappear whilst in the programming process, or when it is reset. This is because the main processor handles the USB interface itself via software emulation. Therefore if it is manually reset, or reset by the programming process this software emulation stops running and the USB port is temporarily lost while the Arduino bootloader reboots. There is a section on the Arduino website that explains this in more detail:

http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoLeona ... noLeonardo

Order Yours Here

Return to “Arduino Development Boards”