HCWireless Arduino Library for 433MHz Wireless Tx & Rx modules

Useful guides, libraries, and example sketches to support our Arduino based products.
oldmaker

Re: HCWireless Arduino Library for 433MHz Wireless Tx & Rx modules

Post by oldmaker » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the HCWirelss library not being able to set the Rx pin to other than pin 8. I have tested this out again using Arduino Nano and your 433 Mhz Rx/Tx modules on multiple pins. the Tx pin can be set to any pin OK but I have tried changing multiple Rx pins to other than 8 and it does not work.

Regarding the compatability with LGT8F mpu I thought any compatability would be around the Interrupt Timer 2. To check if this is so I came across this Web Tool https://dbuezas.github.io/arduino-web-t ... 8P&timer=0. Using this I was able to convince myself that Timer2 operates in exactly the same way for AVR and LCT8F processors. (not sure about the other timers though).

Thanks for your attention to this matter and speedy incorporation of multiple processor frequencies into the Library.

oldmaker

Post by oldmaker » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:56 am

I carried out further tests on the HCWireless Libry v1.0 using two Nanos Tx/Rx and the 433Mz Modules. It is possible to assign TXpin to other that pin 8 but not the Rxpin. I have looked at the code and can't see why this is happening.

Further to compatabilty with LGT8F32 processors I thosug if there would be an problem it would be with the use of Timer2. I used this tool to check to check it out https://dbuezas.github.io/arduino-web-t ... PB&timer=2. and could see that the same code is generated for AVR ans LGBT8F processors.

Thanks for the update to the HCWirelss libray for multiple clock frequencies - very useful

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:23 pm

I carried out further tests on the HCWireless Libry v1.0 using two Nanos Tx/Rx and the 433Mz Modules. It is possible to assign TXpin to other that pin 8 but not the Rxpin. I have looked at the code and can't see why this is happening.
Thanks for the additional information. Looking at the code I still can't see what the issue could be. I think I may have to resort setting up a couple of boards so I can replicate and pin down the problem that way.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “Arduino”