W1209 temperature controller

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
Orraman

W1209 temperature controller

Post by Orraman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:11 pm

Good Afternoon.
I am wondering if anyone has found an alternative use for the W1209 temperature controller.
Many Thanks

Orraman

Re: W1209 temperature controller

Post by Orraman » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm

Hello Again,

For a number of hedge cutting seasons I have used a Hobby Components W1209 to indicate the approach of a suitable safe temperature for terminating charge on the 14.4v battery used on the Bosch hedge trimmer.
This can lead to over charging but Hobby Components W1209 relay can handle 5a at 240v,

Would this allow a suitable heating (menu P0 Heat C/H ) circuit to terminate the charge?

Thanks for reading orraman.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: W1209 temperature controller

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:32 am

Would this allow a suitable heating (menu P0 Heat C/H ) circuit to terminate the charge?
I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used in that way. So long as you can ensure that the battery does stay within its temperature specification when charging, the modules heating mode should work.

I would suggest testing the operation of the relay at its maximum charge current (when first charging a fully discharged battery) to ensure the relay operates correctly under maximum load and of course the standard safety advice applies when charging a battery - never leaving a charging battery unattended.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “General Discussion”