Windows 7 32 bit drivers for USBasp V2 board

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
mikejparks

Windows 7 32 bit drivers for USBasp V2 board

Post by mikejparks » Sun May 28, 2023 8:31 am

Hi, i've been given a USBasp V2 board as the lad couldn't get his 32bit Windows 7 Professional old PC to even recognise that he'd plug the board into a vacant USB slot. Not sure where he bought the little board. He had tried Zadig and others but with no joy. It seems strange that the board isn't even show on device manager. Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks - Mike

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 32 bit drivers for USBasp V2 board

Post by andrew » Tue May 30, 2023 8:42 am

It seems strange that the board isn't even show on device manager.
If Windows is not acknowledging it then that isn't a good sign I'm afraid. Even with no driver installed it should still show something in device manager. On the ones we sell there is a power LED, does yours have one and is it illuminated? Also while it's plugged in check that none of the components are getting hot to the touch.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

mikejparks

Post by mikejparks » Tue May 30, 2023 3:17 pm

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply. The card has two very small SMD ?LEDs labelled R and G, the R one flashes for half a second if that. Nothing is hot and no matter what OS I plug the card into It's not detected. I'll buy one of your cards, hopefully it can be used to upgrade one of those ATS-20+ receivers. Regards - Mike

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed May 31, 2023 7:35 am

The card has two very small SMD ?LEDs labelled R and G, the R one flashes for half a second if that.
Well at least that means it's getting power. I can only think of the problem being one of two things, either at some point its microcontroller has been re-flashed with something that didn’t work, which I assume is not the case, or there is a physical fault somewhere between the IC and the USB connector such as a broken track or solder joint.

If you have a magnifying glass I would suggest having a look at the pads of components around the chip and connector to see if you can see any bad connections.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

mikejparks

Post by mikejparks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:11 pm

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your comments, very interesting.
I received this morning the USBasp card I ordered from yourselves.... card inserted, red light comes on, device manager sees the device, Windows updated with no problem. Job's a goodun.
The other card will be returned to the supplier (the lad's found the delivery slip) clearly faulty.
I had a bit of trouble trying to order via your website. Authentication error message and even trying to create a 'new' account didn't work, so it cost me a bit more to get from you via the 'big South American river.'
Cheers - Mike

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:54 pm

I received this morning the USBasp card I ordered from yourselves.... card inserted, red light comes on, device manager sees the device, Windows updated with no problem. Job's a goodun.
I had a bit of trouble trying to order via your website.
That's great, yeah if it's not working then best thing you can do is send it back for a refund.

With regards to the website I'm not sure what the problem could be. We are seeing new accounts and orders being created on a daily basis so hopefully whatever the issue was hopefully it was temporary. If you do end up wanting to place another order with us and you get the same issue then just take a snapshot of the error and email it to sales [at] hobbycomponents.com and we'll look into it.

allenpitts

Post by allenpitts » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:31 pm

Hello Andrew and the Hobby Components forum,

I apologize, This post is not about Windows 7 Bit Drivers.
But it is the only way that could be found to put a message on this
forum.
The FAQ says:
"Posting Issues
How do I create a new topic or post a reply?
To post a new topic in a forum, click "New Topic". "
I am having a hard time finding the 'New Topic'
link.
Where is the 'New Topic' link?
Thanks.
Allen Pitts

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Hi Allen,

You can’t create a new topic in any of the product forums. This is to keep these sections uncluttered. If your post is about a particular product that we sell then just find the appropriate product thread (If you can’t locate it try searching our product SKU which is in the format HCxxxxxxxx) and post a reply to that thread.

Alternatively you can create your own thread about anything in the general discussions section here:

viewforum.php?f=49

Return to “General Discussion”