HCMODU0131

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
viscount

HCMODU0131

Post by viscount » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:01 pm

I've used 2 of these already with success. However, my third will charge the LiPo fine but the variable output sits at about 30V irrespective of the pot setting. Input is 5V regulated and the setup is the same as the others that have worked. Anyone any ideas or is it maybe a duff unit? Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: HCMODU0131

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:09 am

If the output isn't changing when you turn the pot, and you're supplying it with 5V via either the 'IN' terminals or the USB socket whilst a LiPo is connected then it does sound like something is wrong with it.

If you purchased it from us then can you contact sales [at] hobbycomponents.com and we can sort it out from there.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

viscount

Post by viscount » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:10 am

Thanks. Yes, I'm supplying the "in" with 5V. I'll email sales. Meantime, I've ordered more (before I found this forum) given the others worked and I've other projects on the go.

viscount

Post by viscount » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:12 pm

Units ordered yesterday arrived this morning!

First one I tried to replace the one that was giving problems worked perfectly.

Sales replied to me immediately to arrange a credit.

Fantastic customer service!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:13 pm

Glad we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction and thanks for the good feedback - it's much appreciated.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

viscount

Post by viscount » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:16 pm

Hello, can you clarify exactly what the LEDs are telling me. I see a red and a green but a bit unclear as to their purpose. Until now, my applications have had the unit in model locomotives so not seen. I am now using one as a battery backup for a clock I am making and the LEDs are behaving oddly e.g. the green goes out when the clock chimes (current draw due sound card/speaker operation). The red stays on for a while and then goes out despite the 5V input being continuously present. Thanks !

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:01 am

Hello, can you clarify exactly what the LEDs are telling me. I see a red and a green but a bit unclear as to their purpose.

The red stays on for a while and then goes out despite the 5V input being continuously present.
The red LED (the one closest to the USB connector)is a battery charging indicator. It illuminates when the battery is charging and will turn off when the battery is fully charged.

the green goes out when the clock chimes (current draw due sound card/speaker operation)
The green LED (the one next to the BAT + label) is the standby indicator. This will turn on when the charger is in standby mode, i.e. not charging the battery, and will turn off if it is charging the battery.

Return to “General Discussion”