8x8x8 cube problem

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
andrew
Site Admin

Re: 8x8x8 cube problem

Post by andrew » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:30 am

That's actually a very good idea. TBH you could just connect the enable pin to pin 15 (D9) of the microcontroller and then the library wouldn't even need modifying. Either way there's no additional processing time cost in the ISR. I'll this a try when I'm back in the office.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

BobBurton

Post by BobBurton » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:34 am

Now that I know it works I will make my hardware bodge more permanent, switch to using D9 and return the library to its original V 0.2 state. Using D8 was just a convenience so that I could connect/disconnect it using a Dupont connector on the pin header on the board

Incidentally, if you ever consider producing more PCBs, perhaps with this fix incorporated, I have some general ideas/comments about the PCB layout, connectors and labelling

Thanks for you detailed explanations and help on this thread

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:47 am

Yeah this kit is a very popular product for us so we have new batches made fairly often. Once I've checked the mod is ok, although I cant see there being any issues, the PCB will be updated as it's just a case of adding an extra track. We do plan at some point to do a minor refresh of both the 8x8x8 and 4x4x4 cube designs as we may be able to reduce the component count a bit further and will dropping the USB to serial cable for a standard USB to barrel jack as very few people seem to want to reprogram them anyway. So please feel free to make comments, feedback is always appreciated.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Prescott

Post by Prescott » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:18 am

Wow, it's so cool, I really want to learn how to make it with you.

Return to “General Discussion”