4x4x4 Help.......

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
andrew
Site Admin

Re: 4x4x4 Help.......

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:39 am

It could be an idea to send you the PCB for you to look at if it isn't too much trouble.
Thanks for checking again. This was going to be my next suggestion as I think we have exhausted everything that can be checked remotely. If you want to do this I can email you directly with a couple of options to returning it.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

blackzakk

Post by blackzakk » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi,
Well, the LEDs all work on the new pcb so I think the other one has a problem. I've had the header pins off a few times, buggering about, and the through holes are a bit iffy. It still powers up so it seems to just be the pins for reprogramming. I have no inclination to do that anyway so it's not a problem.
I can send you the duff pcb if you wouldn't mind having a look. I'd be grateful and it would probably show where I've gone wrong along the way.
Many thanks.

blackzakk

Post by blackzakk » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi Andrew,
Well, I've tried everything and my patience with the cube has been exhausted. I've got the LEDs working on the new pcb so now I have three working cubes which is three more than I ever thought I could do. I now have a full set of LEDs so is there any way I can buy the pcb and components so I can complete my fourth one? I've also ordered a white cube so I have the set of four.
Thank you so much for you inexhaustible patience and I've learnt so much and am still having a blast putting the cubes together. If there's a fault on the previous pcb I'm sure it's down to me and I can live with that.
Many thanks for all your time, mate.
Stay safe.

Terry ;o))

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:39 am

Yeah I think we've exhausted everything that can be done remotely now. Thanks for your patience too.
is there any way I can buy the pcb and components so I can complete my fourth one?
I'm sure there is something we can do but I think it's best to sort that out by emailing you directly if that's ok?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

blackzakk

Post by blackzakk » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi,
Yes, that's fine. Do you need my email address or do you have it?

Terry

Return to “General Discussion”