Problems with k150 programmer

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
lohug666

Problems with k150 programmer

Post by lohug666 » Sun May 10, 2015 4:29 am

Hello!, i wanted to start this post because, yesterday i got one of thisprogrammers and as you might tell im having lots of issues with it, first, I am trying to program the pic16f877a and the problem bascally is that when i try to read, verify or program the PICit says "The programmer does not recognise the [16F877A] processor" and if i choose to continue in the "program" option it says "Received data error" i dont know if it's the pic or the programmer or the driver what is not working, i tried cheking voltage at the Vpp and Vss ports and I got 6.29 V i dont know if it is too low, im pluging it in mi laptop usb.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Problems with k150 programmer

Post by andrew » Mon May 11, 2015 8:54 am

It should defiantly program a 16F8777A without errors. This is the device sold in our PIC development boards and works great with it. It sounds like a connection issue. Are you programming the chip via the ICSP header or the ZIF socket? 6.29V is very low. However the VPP voltage is only enabled for a brief amount of time so if you are using a multimeter to measure it, it may not be reacting quick enough to measure the peak voltage on this pin.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “General Discussion”