Adafruit compatible L293D Motor Drive Shield (HCARDU0044)
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 pm
- 2 interfaces for 5V Servo connected to Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter!
- Can drive 4 DC motors, 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- 4 H-Bridges: each bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection and can run motors on 4.5V to 36V DC
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Reset button
- 2 external terminal power interface, for separate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible for Arduino Mega, Diecimila & Duemilanove
L293D is a monolithic integrated, high voltage, high current, 4-channel driver. Basically this means that using this chip you can use DC motors and power supplies of up to 36 Volts. The chip can supply a maximum current of 600mA per channel, the L293D chip is also whatâ€™s known as a type of H-Bridge. The H-Bridge is typically an electrical circuit that enables a voltage to be applied across a load in either direction to an output, e.g. motor.
Order Yours Here
The latest version of the Adafruit library can be found on GitHub here:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Mo ... V2_Library
Or you can download an known working snapshot here: