EDTracker Bundle (HCKITS0021, 21B, 21E, 21F, 21G, 21H & 21I)

EDracker products
hasole

Re: EDTracker Bundle (HCKITS0021, 21B, 21E, 21F, 21G, 21H & 21I)

Post by hasole » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Does everyone have to plug in the edtracker each time and auto gyro it? or can you leave it plugged into the pc?

I find that I have to unplug/replug it every time I start windows, then put it on my head and auto gyro it before every use.

GeriSoft

Post by GeriSoft » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi, I have problems with the new edtracker kit. I bought it few weeks ago, arrived yesterday. Today I built the kit, and tried to use it...

"Note that our EDTracker kits come with the Pro Micro pre-flashed with the correct version of firmware and so you will only need to preform the calibration process below to get your EDTracker up and running."

Negative, the pro micro board I get in this kit: HCKITS0021F
DIY EDTracker Bundle - Kit Options : Pro Micro, MPU-9250, Switch & Custom EDTracker PCB
Was a pure arduino board, no any software on it.

I tried to write the software with the edtracker gui, which is not connected to edtracker uk site (it is down) so can not find the sketch, not writes the sw.
While I google-ing for the software on github, and found all things I would need (the source and the board files) I lost all connection with the arduino board. If I plug in, only the red LED lights, no usb com port detected, the Arduino ide can not find the board, nor write the software.

What can I do from this point? Maybe the board is defected, need to replace (another weks)? Why was'nt programmed if it should be programmed?

GeriSoft

Post by GeriSoft » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Just tried with two different cables and on two pc, not working :(
IMG_1092.jpeg
IMG_1093.jpeg
IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 am

Sorry to hear this. We do make a point of pre-flashing the Pro Micros in the EDTracker kits so I really can't provide an explanation as to why yours wouldn't have the firmware in it. If the firmware wasn't flashed it would be running the default blink test. Was their a blinking LED when you first powered it up?

There is a guide to flashing the firmware via the Arduino IDE in this thread. See this post:

viewtopic.php?p=7990#p7990

Could you take a look just to confirm your method of flashing the firmware was correct.

If I plug in, only the red LED lights, no usb com port detected, the Arduino ide can not find the board, nor write the software.
The Pro Miro has a software USB interface. If for some reason the firmware wasn't flashed correctly this would also cause the USB interface to stop working and make it appear as if it was dead. Could you possibly try the following:

Plug the EDTracker into your computer and with a piece of wire, paperclip, tweezers, or piece of solder quickly short the two pins marked GND and RST together twice in quick succession. This will momentarily run the built-in bootloader which will then cause the serial port to reappear for a few seconds. There is a guide on how to do this on the sparkfun website here:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pr ... ng-and-faq

This will confirm if it's a firmware issue or hardware problem.

GeriSoft

Post by GeriSoft » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am

Hi, thank you for the advice. Right now if I plug in the board, the red LED lights and nothing else flashing. The PC plays the sound USB connected, and after a sec usb disconnected, and thats all. No device in the control panel.
I did upload some program for some boards in the past on this PC, I have the Arduino Ide installed.

I was not able to upload any firmware, as I wrote, while I download the required sources, the board missing from the connected devices, and can not connect anymore.

Now I going to try the reset.

GeriSoft

Post by GeriSoft » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Here is a video about the test. When plugged in, the board shown in the game controllers as Arduino Leonardo, and after 30s it is missing. Later One LED start dimming (not flashing, it just light diming, on about 5% of light. You can see it on the video, as well you can hear the noise from windows, as usb detected-removed-detected-removed signals came.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkbqktxjtqlg6 ... 6.mov?dl=0

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:59 am

Thanks for the video. The random connects/disconnects and the dimming LED suggest to me it's a bad USB connection somewhere. Does it do the random connect and disconnect with a different USB cable?

Also could you confirm that no components on the EDTracker are getting hot to the touch? Just in case there's a short somewhere.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

GeriSoft

Post by GeriSoft » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 am

andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:59 am
Thanks for the video. The random connects/disconnects and the dimming LED suggest to me it's a bad USB connection somewhere. Does it do the random connect and disconnect with a different USB cable?

Also could you confirm that no components on the EDTracker are getting hot to the touch? Just in case there's a short somewhere.
Yes, I tried with two different cable (the black is a brand new cable), and two different computers, and on USB2 and USB3 connectors too. Nothing hot.

I am going to check is I have more cable at home, and do the test on the desktop again. And make a video too

GeriSoft

Post by GeriSoft » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Hi, here is a test on a desktop PC, using the front USB2 and USB3 and an USB3 hub, and opens a new cable from box.
Once it looked to detect the board for a sec, you cen see when the device manager refreshes the window, but 1 sec later disappear
Two videos, as I accidentally stops the video when changing the cable

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x49kbbidnnbhq ... 7.mov?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9818dn4atrx2s ... 8.mov?dl=0

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:15 pm

Thanks again for checking and the additional videos. It does look to me like it's a hardware USB issue. I'll contact you shortly via your email address to sort this out.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “EDTracker”