Hobby Components Arduino compatible R3 Uno (HCARDU0090)

Hobby Components Arduino compatible development boards
admin
Site Admin

Hobby Components Arduino compatible R3 Uno (HCARDU0090)

Post by admin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 am

Description:
Our biggest selling microcontroller development board (HCARDU0090). It hast been designed from the open source revision 3 Arduino Uno reference design and comes pre-flashed with the Arduino bootloader. This board is 100% compatible with all shields and modules designed for the Arduno Uno. If you are looking to get into microcontrollers, this is the ideal board to choose. Its very low price together with the freely available Arduino development environment provides a cheap and easy way to get started. We have also designed this board to include a socked microcontroller so that should you accidentally damage it you can simply pop it out and insert a replacement.

The Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328 (datasheet). It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analogue inputs, a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with an AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started.

The Uno revision 3 differs from all preceding boards in that it does not use the FTDI USB-to-serial driver chip. Instead, it features the Atmega16U2 programmed as a USB-to-serial converter.

Revision 3 of the board has the following new features:

1.0 pinout: added SDA and SCL pins that are near to the AREF pin and two other new pins placed near to the RESET pin; An IOREF pin that will allow future shields to adapt to the correct IO voltage and second not connected pin that is reserved for future purposes.

Stronger RESET circuit.
Atmega 16U2 replaces the 8U2.

Microcontroller: ATmega328
Operating Voltage: 5V
Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
Digital I/O Pins: 14 (of which 6 provide PWM output)
Analogue Input Pins: 6
DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
Flash Memory: 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 0.5 KB used by bootloader
SRAM: 2 KB (ATmega328)
EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega328)
Clock Speed: 16 MHz

Dimensions

ATMega328 Pinout

Definitive Uno Pinout Diagram

Order Yours Here.

Pippin

Re: Hobby Components Arduino compatible R3 Uno (HCARDU0090)

Post by Pippin » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi
A very quick question: which USB/serial chip does this board use? I would prefer ATMEGA16U2 as I am unable to find the CH340G drivers for the aged (10.4 powerpc) Mac I plan to use for my projects.
Cheers
HT

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hobby Components Arduino compatible R3 Uno (HCARDU0090)

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:05 am

I can confirm that our Uno's do indeed use a 16U2 chip for the USB interface to maintain proper compatibility with the Arduino IDE.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “Development boards”