SmartRFy USB Module (HCMODU0144)

Hobby Components range of SmartRFy wireless RF products *** NEW ***
andrew
Site Admin

Re: SmartRFy USB Module (HCMODU0144)

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 pm

That's great. At least you can now send a command to lengthen or turn off the timeout if need be.

I did install minicom myself to see if I could figure out why is doesn't append the CR/LF. I can see menu options for it but enabling them doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe if your not committed to minicom you could consider trying an alternative terminal program.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

tworedsquirrels

Post by tworedsquirrels » Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Unfortunately I couldn’t get it to set that parameter. It said ok but actually decreased the wait time.

Today however the PI cannot find the module as a serial port. I have reset the module but that didn’t work. I restarted the PI with the module connected but that didn’t work either.

The module lights up so it is getting power.

Any ideas?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am

Unfortunately I couldn’t get it to set that parameter. It said ok but actually decreased the wait time.
What was the actual command you sent?

Today however the PI cannot find the module as a serial port. I have reset the module but that didn’t work. I restarted the PI with the module connected but that didn’t work either.

The module lights up so it is getting power.

Any ideas?

None of the settings should make the Pi stop seeing the module so first step is to confirm if the Pi is actually seeing it or not. From the command prompt can you type lsusb and see if it lists it. It should be listed as 'Future Technology Devices International':

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

tworedsquirrels

Post by tworedsquirrels » Sat May 08, 2021 12:14 pm

The PI does not see it. The list does not include the Future text.
Wait, I will try a different cable .....

Yes, that Fixed it!

I used this script to set the timeout :

*STO=10000
followed by CR LF

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun May 09, 2021 8:41 am

Yes, that Fixed it!
That's great

I used this script to set the timeout :

*STO=10000
followed by CR LF
Ah, I'm afraid there's a bug with STO command which means the maximum amount of time you can set it to is 3276ms. Sorry about that.

tworedsquirrels

Post by tworedsquirrels » Sun May 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Useful info.

I tried that setting and it gave me just enough time to paste in a command follow by CR LF.

I am learning a lot about this module, piece by piece.

Will that bug be fixed soon?

Return to “SmartRFy”