FT232RL in SSOP28 package (HCCOIC0036)

Resistors, capacitors, transistors, LED's IC's, etc.
admin
Site Admin

FT232RL in SSOP28 package (HCCOIC0036)

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:16 pm

The FT232R is the latest device to be added to FTDI’s range of USB UART interface Integrated Circuit Devices. The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output, and the new FTDIChip-ID™ security dongle feature. In addition, asynchronous and synchronous bit bang interface modes are available. USB to serial designs using the FT232R have been further simplified by fully integrating the external EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors onto the device.

The FT232R adds two new functions compared with its predecessors, effectively making it a "3-in-1" chip for some application areas. The internally generated clock (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz) can be brought out of the device and used to drive a microcontroller or external logic. A unique number (the FTDIChip-IDâ„¢) is burnt into the device during manufacture and is readable over USB, thus forming the basis of a security dongle which can be used to protect customer application software from being copied.

Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.

Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.

Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.

Fully integrated USB termination resistors.

Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.

Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud (RS422, RS485, RS232 ) at TTL levels.

128 byte receive buffer and 256 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.

FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.

Unique USB FTDIChip-IDâ„¢ feature.

Configurable CBUS I/O pins.

Transmit and receive LED drive signals.

UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity

FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput.

Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.

Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.

Supports bus powered, self powered and highpower bus powered USB configurations.

Integrated +3.3V level converter for USB I/O.

Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS for interfacing to between +1.8V and +5V logic.

True 5V/3.3V/2.8V/1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input.

Configurable I/O pin output drive strength.

Integrated power-on-reset circuit.

Fully integrated AVCC supply filtering - no external filtering required.

UART signal inversion option.

+3.3V (using external oscillator) to +5.25V (internal oscillator) Single Supply Operation.

Low operating and USB suspend current.

Low USB bandwidth consumption.

UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.

USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.

-40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range.

Latest VCP drivers can be downloaded from the FTDI website here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

The data sheet can be downloaded here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documen ... FT232R.pdf

alaa

Re: FT232RL in SSOP28 package (HCCOIC0036)

Post by alaa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:42 am

hi
I want to use this chip as a usb dongle based on the unique serial number.
but every body can change this serial number using the FT_Prog tool, so he can copy my SN to a new chip and break the security of my software, are there any solution to this problem?

thanks

Return to “Components”