Pic - K150 ICSP Programmer (HCDVBD0002)

Microchip PIC development boards and accessories
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Pic - K150 ICSP Programmer (HCDVBD0002)

Post by andrew » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Glad you managed to get it working. MPLAB doesn't directly support the K150 but the K150 software will read the hex files generated by MPLAB.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

G8NDL

Post by G8NDL » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:05 pm

I have just downloaded the PIC programmer english version, and when I run it my virus scanner reports two viruses in the software - two trojans.

Can you advise me if there is a problem with the zipped file, or are these two trojans false positives?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 pm

I've downloaded the file, unzipped it and scanned each file but I'm not seeing any problems. What virus scanner are you using and is it complaining about the zip file or particular files within it?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

G8NDL

Post by G8NDL » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 pm

I am running Windows XP, and the anti virus software is Comodo.

It reports both the *.exe files in the zipped file of having a trojan.

I have downloaded the file again, and will run it once I have been given the all clear.

I have the option of installing the software on a spare machine, which I may do. But I have client's work on this my main machine that I can't loose.

Ken

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:48 am

Comodo does seem to report a problem but I've now scanned the files with quite a few other virus scanners including including AVG, Avast, BitDefender, ClamAV, Kaspersky, McAfee, TrendMicro and they all report the files clean. I believe because of the way the files are packed it is causing a false positive with this virus scanner.

G8NDL

Post by G8NDL » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Thank you for your help Andrew, I shall crack on with the install.

Ken

G8NDL

Post by G8NDL » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:34 pm

I hate to complain about the software, but.......

I have disabled the virus software on two of my XP machines. One extracted the files ok. But this is where more frustration starts. I can only view the PDFs, and the two applications in the zipped file don't appear to run and do anything. There is certainly no software popping up on my screen showing me how to program a PIC..

I have a project which I am designing for a client which has to be ready by tomorrow (Sunday), and I can't devote this amount of time to this particular problem. For the time being I will go back to my other old programmers to solve this current issue.

I have two programmers and a new PIC development board brought from you this week, and currently I can't use them.

Am I doing something wrong?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:44 pm

I've checked the files and they seem to run fine. Could you make sure that you are running it from an unzipped folder and not directly from a zipped file. Can you also try re-downloading it in case the file got corrupted. If all this fails can you try unzipping it with a different program (assuming you are using windows to unzip it). I recommend using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org). It's free, open-source, and works much better than the built in windows application.

G8NDL

Post by G8NDL » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Thank you Andrew, all appears to be well.

Hopefully you won't be hearing from me on this forum again :)

The problem appears to be with Comodo. It just doesn't like the files. Once the file was unzipped Comodo was just deleting them, leaving me with just four files in the folder. I have now installed them on the #3 XP machine and the files remain and appear to run. I had to delete Comodo to get it to run....Avast will now be installed.

Thanks for your help.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Thanks for letting us know, this is helpful information. I guess it's just a case of your antivirus software being a little over protective.

Return to “Microchip”