Tiny RTC DS1307 + 24C32 Real Time Clock Module (HCMODU0011)

Real Time Clock modules for microcontrollers
advocas

Re: Tiny RTC DS1307 + 24C32 Real Time Clock Module (HCMODU00

Post by advocas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:05 am

Hi

I have just received one of these (HCMODU0011), it came with a CR2032 (non-rechargeable battery), looking at the picture it shows an LIR2032 (rechargeable battery) so I presume there is a charging circuit on board in which case there is a risk of overheating the CR2032 if it's being charged.

Please can you confirm if there is a charging circuit on board?

How do I disconnect the charging circuit?

Do you have any with the rechargeable battery fitted?

Thanks in Advance

Simon

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Tiny RTC DS1307 + 24C32 Real Time Clock Module (HCMODU00

Post by andrew » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:17 pm

I have just received one of these (HCMODU0011), it came with a CR2032 (non-rechargeable battery)
Sorry about this, we believe the manufacture mistakenly shipped a batch of these modules with a CR2032 fitted. As with the DS3231 module these RTC modules are advertised and should be supplied with a rechargeable LIR2032 battery. They have currently been taken off sale whilst the problem is resolved.
board in which case there is a risk of overheating the CR2032 if it's being charged.
The DS1307 uses an identical charging circuit to the DS3231. As the charging circuit only allows a few mW's of power to be driven into the cell heating of the battery is very unlikely. However, I would I still recommend that you do not use the module with a CR2032 battery fitted whilst the charging circuit is enabled.
How do I disconnect the charging circuit?
Do you have any with the rechargeable battery fitted?
In a similar way to the DS3231 you can disconnect the diode D1 located near the SQ pin. However as mentioned above these modules should be supplied with a LIR2032. If you purchased it from us just send an email to sales [at] hobbycomponents.com with your order number and will attempt to resolve the problem. My apologies again for this issue.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “RTC”