L9110S DC Stepper Motor Driver H-Bridge (HCMODU0033)

Stepper and DC type motor drivers
admin
Site Admin

L9110S DC Stepper Motor Driver H-Bridge (HCMODU0033)

Post by admin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 am

A very compact dual channel H-bridge motor driver module. The module incorporates two L9110S H-bridge driver IC's to allow either one stepper or two DC motors to be independently controlled. The module can accept a supply voltage between 2.5 to 12V allowing for motors within this supply range to be controlled safely from a standard microcontroller. Maximum drive current is 800mA. 0.1" pitch header pins allow for direct connection to a microcontoller such as an Arduino requiring just two digital pins per DC motor for control in both directions. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connection to the motors(s).

- Dual L9110S chipset motor driver
- Input voltage: 2.5V~12V
- Current: 800mA
- Can drive two DC motors, and a 4-wire 2-phase stepper motor

L9110_HCMODU0033_Datasheet.pdf

Disclaimer: Libraries, example code, and diagrams within this forum thread are provided as an additional free service by Hobby Components and are not sold as part of any product. We do not provide any guarantees or warranties as to their accuracy or fitness for purpose.

Descriptions and diagrams on this page are copyright Hobby Components Ltd and may not be reproduced without permission.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DenPit5

Re: DC Stepper Motor Driver HCARDU0035

Post by DenPit5 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Can anyone tell me why I cannot get this stepper motor to step in both directions. I have wired it up to Arduino as per description in the Arduino Project Book and used the example sketches in the Stepper library Module. I can only get the motor to step in one direction. Anyone suggest what I may have overlooked. ? The description in the store entry definitely states it is capable of both direction movements.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: L9110S DC Stepper Motor Driver H-Bridge (HCMODU0033)

Post by andrew » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 am

The L9110S is capable of driving a motor in both directions but the way you use it is dependent on the type of motor you have connected to it. Do you know what type of motor you are using? Is it a DC motor or a stepper motor? If you're not sure do you have a model name or part number for it? Also what Arduino code are you using to drive the module?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

DenPit5

Post by DenPit5 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:26 am

Hi Andrew. Many thanks for quick reply, but you obviously did not look at the title of my post. I was referring to the HCARDU0035 which you sell. I posted my query in this forum as I could find a forum dealing with this module. Reading the description of it in your sales pages it distinctly says it can rotate forward and backward, but using the example sketches from the Arduino libraries when using the programming software downloaded from Arduino software I could not get the stepper motor to run in reverse. If you know of any other suitable software sites I would be grateful.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:43 pm

The correct product thread for that motor is under Robotics / Mechanical -> Motors & Servos

Here is a direct link to get to it:

http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewto ... =93&t=1323

In the first post you will find an example sketch which shows how to correctly control it. It's simply a case of pulsing each of the 4 controllers pins in turn. The direction in which you pulse the pins determines the direction in which the motor turns. The Arduino stepper motor example will not work with that item as it was written for a different type of controller.

Just for future reference, if you have trouble finding the correct forum thread just use the forum search feature and do a search using the product code. Most of our items have a product thread associated with them but there may be one or two we have missed so if you still can't find the correct thread just post in the general discussion area. Nothing is off topic there :-)
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

DenPit5

Post by DenPit5 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Many thanks Andrew I will look at that forum that have mentioned.

celticJedi

Post by celticJedi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi, is there a more up-to-date wiring diagram for this. I have just purchased one, the date on the label is 2018 Oct 01 and the pin-out is different to the diagram above.
I have tried wiring it up according to the labels on the pcb but I cannot get it working.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:34 am

Sorry about the confusion. I've updated the above diagram to include the current pinout.

celticJedi

Post by celticJedi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:43 pm

I'm sorry but that diagram looks exactly the same as before. Here is an image of the board https://photos.app.goo.gl/A1nkSCtrQ7UKbjrq6

You can see that the VCC and GND are now in the centre

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 pm

The diagram has been updated to show both versions. Your browser is probably still cashing the old image. Try refreshing the page with something like ctrl-r.

Return to “Motor drivers”