TB65603A Single Axis Stepper Motor Driver Board (HCMODU0022)

Stepper and DC type motor drivers
andrew
Site Admin

Re: TB65603A Single Axis Stepper Motor Driver Board (HCMODU0

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:29 pm

You've split the code up into 3 sections for each motor but in each section your still writing to and reading from the same 'Speed' variable. You need to relabel them to Speed, Speed1, and Speed2 just like you have done with everything else.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Rom327

Post by Rom327 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Thank you all for your help! It worked! Anyone interested post sketches 3 and 2 motors .

Now the next task: it is necessary that the stepping motor followed resistor: resistor turned on x degrees to the right and the motor cranked to X degrees to the right, turned x degrees to the left and the motor turned x degrees to the left. And yet, we must manage from the Arduino electromagnet 3 of 3 buttons. Is it possible to implement all of it in this library? More precisely, I need it to be one management program
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 am

Now the next task: it is necessary that the stepping motor followed resistor: resistor turned on x degrees to the right and the motor cranked to X degrees to the right, turned x degrees to the left and the motor turned x degrees to the left.
If you take a look at the top of the example sketch the following function is used to set the number of steps the motor should turn:

Code: Select all

HCMotor.Steps(0,CONTINUOUS);
In the sketch it is set to continuously turn the motor. Replacing the CONTINUOUS parameter with a number will cause the motor to step by that number of clock pulses and then stop. This function can be used anywhere in your code.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Rom327

Post by Rom327 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you!

Hello again! Wrote the sketch. In the first part of the 2 motors are controlled by potentiometers (your example) it works :!:

In the second part, 3 of the motor are controlled by potentiometers in proportion. There is a serious bug: :shock: if the potentiometer is set =/=0 volts, turning on the motors start to move into the position of the potentiometer. But if the potentiometer is set to =0 volts - no rotation when turning.

For control I use the joysticks, which are returned to the middle position by springs. How to make it clear to the controller when switched on, the motors are already in the middle position, that they did not rotate? Tell me, how can it be solved :?:

Thank you! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mecatronics1

Post by mecatronics1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:56 pm

I tried this code, always work but now my stepper motor can't reverse why?

HCMotor.Direction(0, REVERSE);

only FORWARD, what can I do?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:52 am

I need to ask a few questions to understand your problem a little better:

Did the reverse ever work with your setup?

I assume that as you are posting in the TB6560 thread that you are using controlling the stepper motor via a TB6560? If so what do you have the CW+ and CW- terminals connected to on your Arduino?

Can you also confirm that you are seeing the problem when using the example sketch in the first post of this forum.

mecatronics1

Post by mecatronics1 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Yes, everything working fine backward and reverse, using the same schematic connections from example sketch in the first post of this forum, nema23 24v, potentiometer, arduino uno r3. Also the code is ok.

the problem is the stepper get stucked at one direction, FORWARD. REVERSE can't.

CLK+ goes to Pin 9 arduino
CW+ goes to Pin 8 arduino
CLK- and CW- goes to ground on arduino

A+ goes to black cable
A- green cable
B+ red
B- blue

or theres something setting on SW1, SW2, SW3, and the switches S1, S2, S3 RKZC to do??

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 am

Your connections to the Arduino look fine. I cant comment about your motor connections but I doubt it would turn ok in the forward direction if anything was wrong.

SW1, SW2, SW3, and S1 set the running current for your motor. You need to set this to whatever your motor is spec'd to. If this is set too low the driver may not be providing enough current to turn it but don't set it to a current above what your motor can handle otherwise it may burn it out.

S2 sets the stop current so I doubt this will be causing the problem

S3 & S4 sets the excitation mode. This sets in what combination it pulses each coil within the motor. Higher settings should give you more torque so you can try changing these to see if it will help turn the motor in reverse. For higher settings you will need extra pulses on the clock pin to turn the motor by the same amount.

S5 and S6 set the decay mode which handles how the driver removes current from the motor and again I doubt this will be causing your problem.

What are you doing with the enable input? Is this tied to anything or left disconnected?

James Bryant

Post by James Bryant » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 pm

I propose to use this board with a 23mm stepping motor as a small, low speed, high torque, unidirectional winch to wind a long-case grandfather clock. I am unfamiliar with the use of stepping motors and should be grateful for any help and suggestions.

When the motor is unpowered the detent torque is low so the winch should unwind as the clock weight moves down.

I shall use the circuit in Post [1] of this thread, but, rather than an Arduino, will use a simple 4093 CMOS oscillator to drive the step input and hard-wire the direction and enable terminals. My switch settings would seem to have to be 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0.

I should be grateful for inputs on the following points:-

[1] Are the switch settings correct?

[2] Is the motor speed 60f/200 r.p.m. where f is the step input frequency? Do I need unity mark/space ratio on the step input or will any pulse train of the correct frequency do?

[3] What is the input impedance of the step input terminal? What is its maximum input voltage? (i.e. Can I run my 4093 from the +15V supply I shall be using? If not and I use +5V from the 78M05 regulator will it supply sufficient current to the opto isolator?)

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

[1] Are the switch settings correct?
From your settings it looks like you have the running current set to 2A. You'll need to check the specification for your motor to see if this is correct. For excitation mode iit looks like you will need two clock pulses for each step of the motor.

[2] Is the motor speed 60f/200 r.p.m. where f is the step input frequency?
I'm assuming the 200 in your equation is because your stepper motor has 200 steps per 1 revolution? I'm not sure what the 60 is referring to. From your settings I think your RPM would be (f/2) / 200.
Do I need unity mark/space ratio on the step input or will any pulse train of the correct frequency do?
I've had a quick look at the TB6560 datasheet but unfortunately it does't seem to specify the mark to space ratio of the clock input. I does however give a minimum clock pulse width of 30us so maybe it can be inferred from that.
What is the input impedance of the step input terminal?
The step/clock input is connected to the TB6560 via an optocoupler with a 330R resistor in series. With a 5V input you should expect to see about a 10mA load.

What is its maximum input voltage? (i.e. Can I run my 4093 from the +15V supply I shall be using?
Based on the datasheet and current limiting resistor I would not apply anything more than 6V to the clock input. As it just a connection to optocoupler you can however just add an additional resistor in series. Again based on the datasheet if you wanted to drive it with a 15 volt source then an additional 10K resistor would seem about right to me.
If not and I use +5V from the 78M05 regulator will it supply sufficient current to the opto isolator?
I'm not sure what the 5V regulator you are referring to is but this would be a factor of the source/sink capability of the 4093.

Return to “Motor drivers”