Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
SSD1306 128x64 Pixel uOLED display module (HCMODU0050&2) 
Site Admin

Post Re: SSD1306 128x64 Pixel uOLED display module (HCMODU0050&2)
I'm afraid the manufacturer hasn't supplied a schematic. Your best option is to just reference the datasheet which will give you a good idea of how the module works.

Fri May 08, 2015 8:47 am

Post Re: SSD1306 128x64 Pixel OLED display module (HCMODU0050&2)
cbajema wrote:
I'm trying to get this display working on a custom board using an ARM chip and IAR but haven't been able to get it to do anything after hours.

My startup routine is (all tested with multimeter in debugging):
    Reset pin low
    Wait 10us
    Reset pin high
    Wait 8us
    Send 0xAE (DC low, CS low) - Display on
    Send 0xA5 - Whole screen on

My interpretation of the datasheet is that this code should result in all pixels being lit up. Most of the initialisation code I have seen seems to set many values to POR values, which is pointless. I'm trying to get this module working with PIC, so far not a glimmer.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Bought one of these the other day but the circuit board is completely different, instead of the S pads there are a series of R pads that need changing to configure the device for IIC. See attached picture.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on configuring these displays for IIC or any advice on configuration in general?

Cheers,
Keith.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:22 am

Are there any disadvantages like increased power consumption etc. of simply pulling CS (Chip Select) to ground? My guess is that CS is only important when having multiple displays on the same bus. I want to reduce the number of signal lines to 6 or below so the display can be controlled by an ATtiny85.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:37 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Are there any disadvantages like increased power consumption etc. of simply pulling CS (Chip Select) to ground?

I've checked the datasheet but I cant see any references to power consumption for the CS pin. It's probably used internally to power up the input drivers in the serial interface but even if so I'd expect that this difference wouldn't be significant. Being an OLED display most of the power consumption is dependent on how many pixels are turned on.

Quote:
My guess is that CS is only important when having multiple displays on the same bus. I want to reduce the number of signal lines to 6 or below so the display can be controlled by an ATtiny85.

Yes you should be able to just tie it low to leave it permanently selected. One thing I should point out is that it is important to pulse the reset pin when the display is first powered up. If you don't it may still work some of the time but sometimes it won't turn on if you don't reset it first. So you'll need to provide some sort of provision for this.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4