HC-11 433MHz wireless serial module (HCMODU0054)

Wireless and wired modules including Bluetooth, Ethernet, and IR kits.
andrew
Site Admin

Re: HC-11 433MHz wireless serial module (HCMODU0054)

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:05 pm

You should be able to put it into command mode by following these steps:

1) Disconnect power from the module

2) Connect the Mode pin to GND

3) Apply power to the module keeping the mode pin connected to GND.

When you do this do you get an 'OK' response from sending the 'AT' command?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:03 am

Hello,

I tried all you said without success.
I don't remember exactly if the last accepeted commands was to set it as "Master" or "slave" is it important ?
Moreover,

to be able to send "AT" after all steps I need a baudrate, I tried 9600 but no answer..

It's like the card ignore everything I send.

AS it's an usb-transceiver, I guess that setting the mode pin to GND means pushing the button which when in uart mode enable you to send commands ?

Thank you

Rob

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:53 pm

I don't remember exactly if the last accepeted commands was to set it as "Master" or "slave" is it important ?
That shouldn't matter.
I guess that setting the mode pin to GND means pushing the button which when in uart mode enable you to send commands ?
The module doesn't have a push button. What button are you referring to?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:42 am

Hello,

In my module (usb one)
[LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

I have a button on it, this button is the one for turning the chip into command mode.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm afraid I can't give advise on that particular item as we don't stock it but if it is not going into command mode then maybe there is a problem with the button? I would recommend contacting the seller and getting him to confirm that you should be able to get back into command mode via the button as you may have a faulty module.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Andrew,

just to say that it worked. I opened the usb package, and I did what you said.
Now it's back to UART mode.
But I still wonder why I cannot receive any signal from my door bell transmitter :(
Do you know a good software working with this ? to debug it ?

Thank you

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:03 pm

I can't comment specifically on the item you have as we don't sell it. If it's anything like the ones we sell you can just use a terminal program like Terminal by Br@y (https://sites.google.com/site/terminalbpp/) or putty (http://www.putty.org/) to send the AT commands to it. Does your doorbell use the same hardware and firmware as your module? If it's just using the same frequency it's not enough for it to be compatible.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello,

isn't possible to dump all 433Mhz data that is in the air even if the firmware /hardware is not the same ?
Is it possible to modify the sampling period in your products (the one you sell) ?

Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:10 pm

isn't possible to dump all 433Mhz data that is in the air even if the firmware /hardware is not the same ?
There are 3 things you have to consider, the frequency, the modulation scheme (e.g. AM, FM, ASK. FSK, PSK, QPSK, etc..), and the how the transmitted data is encoded. All three things have to be the same for a transmitter and receiver to talk to each other. Both your doorbell and HC-11 have fixed schemes that cannot be changed. This is also why a Bluetooth device can't talk directly to a WiFi router despite both operating on the same frequency. There is such a thing a software defined radios which can to some extent do what you are asking but they are usually significantly more expensive and intended to be used as a piece of test equipment rather than universal communications device.
Is it possible to modify the sampling period in your products (the one you sell) ?
You can't use an HC-11 in this way, it can only receive data transmitted from another HC-11 module and will ignore any other kind of transmitter even if it is on the same frequency.

targa

Post by targa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:07 am

I also have the USB version (purchased somewhere else) and the same problem. How did you fix it, Robert ?

If I type something (using minicom on a linux machine that has loaded cdc_acm driver and enabled /dev/ttyACM3) the yellow led blinks.
If I push the button the red LED shows up, and the yellow blinks in case I type s/th.
No response whatsoever I type (AT, AT+V I tried as those should be working).
I also tried the "Modem Init String" of minicom. (to overcome the problem that it only accepts commands in a short time frame!)

Return to “Wireless / Wired”