HC-05 Master / Slave Bluetooth Module (HCMODU0061)
Order yours hereDescription:
This class 2 Bluetooth module comes programmed with firmware that allows it to pass the output of a serial communications port (default is 9600 baud) over a Bluetooth wireless connection with no software configuration. The module is mounted on a convenient mezzanine adapter board providing an interface for power and Tx/Rx serial communication. Additionally the module, by use of AT type text commands issued via the serial interface can be reconfigured from its default Bluetooth slave state to a Master state. This means that module can not only communicate with Bluetooth master devices such as PC's and smart phones, but also when in master mode it can automatically pair with a second module in its default slave configuration allowing an end to end serial communication over Bluetooth. Please note that whilst in master mode the module can only communicate with another module in slave mode or one of our HC-06 Bluetooth slave modules (HCARDU0004).Specification:
● Bluetooth protocol: Bluetooth Specification v2.0+EDR
● Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM band
● Modulation: GFSK(Gaussian Frequency Shift Keying)
● Emission power: ≤4dBm, Class 2
● Sensitivity: ≤-84dBm at 0.1% BER
● Speed: Asynchronous: 2.1Mbps(Max) / 160 kbps, Synchronous: 1Mbps/1Mbps
● Size: 28mm x 15 mm x 2.35mm
● Security: Authentication and encryption
● Profiles: Bluetooth serial port
● Power supply: +5V DC (5.5V max)
● Working temperature: -20 ~ +75 CentigradeHow to put the module into command mode:
By default when the module is first powered up, it will be in a slave communication mode. This will allow the module to communicate with most Bluetooth master devices supporting the Serial Port Protocol. Whilst in this mode any data sent to its serial interface, including AT commands, will be passed though to the end device. To allow the module to receive AT configuration commands the module must be placed in command mode. To do this please follow these steps:
1) Disconnect power from the VCC pin or pull the EN pin low.
2) Press and hold the push button on the mezzanine board.
3) Reconnect power to the VCC pin or pull the EN pin high.
4) Release the push button.
The on board LED will the change to a slower flash period. The module is now in command mode and AT commands listed below can now be issued to the module. Whilst in command mode the default communication speed is 38400 Baud. When issuing any AT command it must be followed by both a cartridge return [CR] and line feed [LF] escape code.How to put the module back into communication mode:
Whilst the module is in command mode there are three ways to switch it back to communication mode:
1) Cycle the modules power
2) Pull the EN pin low and then release it
3) Issue the at command AT+RESET via the serial interface.How to switch the module to Master mode:
To switch the module to master mode, whilst in command mode (see above), issue the following command via the serial interface:
Remember to also include a carriage return and line feed escape code. To switch the module back to slave mode issue the following command:
Slow flash: Command mode
Quick flash: Communication mode (disconnected)
Double flash: Communication mode (connected)Pinout:
STATE.....Device current state
RXD........UART Receive Input
TXD .......UART Transmit Output
EN.........Enable (Pull low to disable module) Command List:
AT+INITAT command instruction manual:
Please note that there may be some translation errors in this manual and that some instructions may incompatible with this version of module.