PIR Motion Sensor Detector Module HC-SR501 (HCMODU0003)

Modules for various types of sensors including accelerometers. gyro's, IR motion, etc
admin
Site Admin

PIR Motion Sensor Detector Module HC-SR501 (HCMODU0003)

Post by admin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Features:

Using pyroelectric PIR sensor, Fresnel
Low-power, static power 65uA
Wide voltage range, DC 5V-20V
Board small size 38 * 28mm (32 * 24 * mm)
Repeatable / not repeatable trigger mode selection
Easy to use, power + - signal output
7 m sensing range
110 ° angle sensor
Electrical Parameters:
Operating voltage range of 5-20V DC voltage
65uA quiescent current
High output level 3.3 V / Low 0V
Non-repeatable trigger L trigger / H Repeat Trigger
PCB dimensions 38 * 28mm (32 * 24 * mm)
110 ° angle sensor
7 m sensing range

Applications:

Security products, Toys, body sensor lighting control, industrial automation
Pyroelectric infrared switch BISS0001 accompanied by a pyroelectric infrared sensor and a small amount of external components, consisting of passive infrared
Sensing of a security zone for automatic lighting, lighting and alarm systems.

Pinout (connector side):

1....VCC (5-20V)
2....DIGITAL OUT (10mA Max)
3....GND

Potentiometers:

1...Sensitivity
2...Trigger time
PIR_HCMODU0003_BISS0001.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scuba_2

Re: PIR Motion Sensor Detector Module HC-SR501 (HCMODU0003)

Post by Scuba_2 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:24 am

Can I make this a 0v output when triggered instead of a 5v ? There are three solder pads on the board with L and H next to them , do I link them?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:24 am

Can I make this a 0v output when triggered instead of a 5v ?
The module is active high only I'm afraid. Your easiest option would be to either add a relay or a transistor to the output pin to flip the polarity.

There are three solder pads on the board with L and H next to them , do I link them?
I believe these are for setting the trigger mode (see datasheet).
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

mprowe

Re: PIR Motion Sensor Detector Module HC-SR501 Adding LDR

Post by mprowe » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

Hi,

I understand that this module does not include an LDR for inhibiting daylight activation.
The data sheet shows a divider network connected to Pin 9 ( Trigger Disable Input).

Can anyone confirm, that on this module, Pin 9 is NOT connected to any outer part of the module.
And is therefore free for me to add my own LDR network (R2 & R3).

Regards, Martin

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm

I can see from your question that you have already looked at the schematic in the datasheet. I've taken a look at one myself and from what I can see the inhibit pin 9 (Vc) is not connected to any other component. It is however tracked out to one of the pads on a 2 pin header that hasn't been fitted. If you orientate the PIR with the component side facing you, and with the 3 pin power/output header at the bottom of the board, near the three pin header you will see the 2 unsoldered header pads. The left hand pad is GND and the right hand pad is connected to the inhibit pin. You can connect the centre point of your resistor/LDR divider to this pad. Note that you will need to choose the values of your pullup resistor and LDR so that this pin is pulled below 0.66V to inhibit the PIR.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

mprowe

Post by mprowe » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 am

andrew wrote:I've taken a look at one myself and from what I can see the inhibit pin 9 (Vc) is not connected to any other component. It is however tracked out to one of the pads on a 2 pin header that hasn't been fitted.
Hi Andrew,
When I was unable to get the inhibit voltage to the correct levels as expected, I initially assumed my Ohms Law arithmetic was iffy!
However, on closer (very much closer!) inspection I see that R2 (from datasheet at head of this thread) is in fact fitted.
This is a 1M (105) smd positioned just above (using Andrews orientation) the black/orange protection diode and connected to the boards Vdd.
It is also worth noting that the high-end is 3.3v and not the 5v0 as shown in the datasheet schematic.

As I wanted to be able to adjust the light/dark inhibit point I removed R2 and used an external LDR/Trimmer network.

Hope this helps others, Martin

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:31 pm

However, on closer (very much closer!) inspection I see that R2 (from datasheet at head of this thread) is in fact fitted.
I've just checked myself and you are correct. So you probably just need something like a 10k potentiometer across the previously mentioned pads.

The schematic on the datasheet is just a reference design, the PIR will be based on it fairly closely but its not accurate. Unfortunately as the PIR isn't an open source design there is not actual schematic available for it.

Return to “Sensors”