HCMRunner Library for Hobby Components Maze Runner

Useful guides, libraries, and example sketches to support our Arduino based products.
admin
Site Admin

HCMRunner Library for Hobby Components Maze Runner

Post by admin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:05 am

[IMAGE TBA]

This library has been written specifically for use with the Hobby Components Maze Runner robotic vehicle (HCROBO0052). It provides the ability to reprogram the Maze runner using the Arduino IDE which means with just the addition of a programming cable you can reprogram the Maze runner to follow your own commands. This opens the Maze Runner up to not just being a maze solving robot, but a general purpose robotic vehicle.

Detailed descriptions of the available functions within this library are provided in the accompanying manual that is provided with the Maze Runner kit. The libarary also contains example sketches including the maze solving sketch that comes pre-programmed in to the Maze Runner.

You will need to download (please log in to download the library) and unzip this library to the Arduino development environments library area.

On Windows:
My Documents\Arduino\libraries\

On Mac:
Docments/Arduino/libraries/
or similarly for Linux.

Maze Runner library V0.2 (please log in to download):
HCMRunner_V0_2.zip

Old version V0.1:
HCMRunner.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChrisJ

Re: HCMRunner Library for Hobby Components Maze Runner

Post by ChrisJ » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi Andrew

Note it is possible to wire the motors in the wrong polarity (as I did), the instructions are not clear, then (obviously) the robot won't work correctly as the motors run reversed.

Chris

andrew
Site Admin

Re: HCMRunner Library for Hobby Components Maze Runner

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:07 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing it out. I've now added an errata section to Maze Runner post with a diagram showing the correct orientation. You can find it here: http://www.hobbycomponents.com/mazerunner
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “Arduino”