Crius SE 2.5 MultiWii Flight Controller (HCRECO0001)

Topics related to our range of RC products.
admin
Site Admin

Crius SE 2.5 MultiWii Flight Controller (HCRECO0001)

Post by admin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Description:

The Crius SE 2.5 flight controller board (HCRECO0001) is based and comes pre-programmed with the open source MultiWii flight controller system. This board is able to control various radio control aircraft including quad, hex, and octocopter designs. Its excellent stability allows for fully autonomous flight with FPV or any kind acrobatics. The board includes a broad array of sensors consisting of a triple axis accelerometer, triple axis gyroscope, triple axis magnetometer (compass), and a barometer. Header pins for allow convenient interface to an RC receiver, ESC's, and servo's. Additionally there are also serial and I2C interfaces to allow add-ons such as FTDI USB interface, Bluetooth, GPS*, and OLED/LCD displays. The board is also fully compatible with the MultiWii configuration software and Android MultiWii Ez app (via Bluetooth) providing wireless monitoring and control in flight.

Features:
• Small size,35x35mm mounting holes
• 6 PWM input channels for standard receiver or PPM SUM receiver
• Up to 8-axis motor output
• Supported 2-axis gimbal and auto trigger control
• FTDI/UART port for upload firmware, debug, Bluetooth module or LCD display
• I2C port for extend sensor, I2C LCD/OLED display or I2C-GPS NAV board for GPS and Sonar
• Ultra low noise 3.3V LDO voltage regulator
• ATMega 328P Microcontroller
• MPU6050C 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit
• HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
• BMP085 digital pressure sensor
• PCA9306DP1 logic level converter

Other
• Dimension: 40mmX40mm
• Height: 11.6mm
• Weight: 9.3g
• Fixing hole spacing: 35mm (For mounting on 45mm frame see our CRIUS power distribution board HCRECO0003)
• Hole diameter: 3.1mm

Items included:

• SE FC x 1
• 3Pin to 1Pinx3 cable 100mm x 2
• 3Pin to 3Pin cable 100mm x 1

FAQ:

Does this board come pre-loaded with firmware?

Yes it comes pre-loaded and configured for a standard quadcopter but you may need to reprogram the board should you wish to update the firmware or reconfigure the software for a different type of aircraft or external hardware.

What do I need to update the firmware?

You will first need a suitable USB to serial adaptor to connect your Crius MultiWii board to your computer such as our USB Serial port download adaptor (HCARDU0011). This interface will then allow you to program the board directly from the Arduino development environment which can be downloaded here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
A guide for how to install the Arduino development environment can be found here: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows

Where can I find the latest version of the MultiWii software?

You can download the latest version from here: https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list
At the time of this post the latest version tested with this board is V2.3. The downloaded ZIP file contains two folders, MultiWii, and MultiWiiConf. The MultiWii folder contains the main MultiWii.Ino file which can be loaded into the Arduino development environment (see above).
tailor

In the Arduino environment what board type do I select?

Under Tools-> Board select Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16MHz) w/ ATMega328

How do I configure the MultiWii software for the Cirus SE 2.5 flight controller board?

With the MultiWii software open in the Arduino development environment (see above) click on the config.h tab. Under this table you will see a large number of options to tailor the software to your particular setup. We recommend reading through the comments in this file as there are many options that can be selected. To enable an option just remove the '//' in front of the required option. To configure the software for the Cirus SE 2.5 board simply change the following line from:

//#define CRIUS_SE // Crius MultiWii SE

To:

#define CRIUS_SE // Crius MultiWii SE

Also as a minimum configuration you will also need to uncomment one of the lines in the 'type of multicopter' list to select your aircraft type.

Les

Re: Crius SE 2.5 MultiWii Flight Controller (HCRECO0001)

Post by Les » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Can the Crius be used to control a fixed wing plane, if it can does the pr-installed firmware support this or is there a upgrade firmware for fixed wing use.
Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Crius SE 2.5 MultiWii Flight Controller (HCRECO0001)

Post by andrew » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 am

The MultiWii firmware does support fixed wing aircraft including flying wings. However out of the box this board is setup for multi-rotor aircraft so you'll need to edit the firmware to configure it for fix wing aircraft and then reprogram the board. Working from memory I believe there are selectable options for this in the config file. You may want to follow the link in the first post to download the firmware and take a look at this file in a text editor to see if you understand it. To reprogram the board you will need a USB to serial adaptor.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “Radio Control”