How do you think my 2N3055 audio power amplifier

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
circuit12

How do you think my 2N3055 audio power amplifier

Post by circuit12 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:58 am

I am involve in an project that I need to hand it up to my school. It's an audio power amplifier,and recently I find a lot of knowledge about power amplifier and I decided to make an audio power amplifier basic on 2N3055 transistor.As the article" [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]: shows, [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN] is a NPN power triode.the 2N3055 triode has three electrodes, a base pole (B), a collector (C) and a emitter (E). The triode is a current type control device. The current of the base to the emitter controls the current of the collector to the emitter, and the triode has three states, cut-off, amplification and saturation, and two PN knots inside the 2N3055 three pole, and the emitter junction (PN junction between the base and emitter). The collector junction (the PN junction between the collector and the emitter) is the cut-off of the emitter junction, the collector has no current on the collector, and the collector junction conduces to the complete conduction between the collector, and the current of the collector varies with the current of the emitter (the transistor can amplify the current, and the current on the collector is equal to the current of the emitter multiplier by the magnification. " The saturation is that the emission junction is fully conductive and the collector current is the largest.
2018621a.png
This circuit is simple and the cost is low.The best power supply voltage is about 50V while it works from 30V to 60V .It biggest input voltage is about 0.8V to 1V.and the output power is about 60W.

The capacitance C1 regulates low frequency (bass), and as the capacitance increases, the low frequency becomes louder and louder.The capacitor C2 regulates a higher frequency (Gao Yin), and as the capacitance increases, it becomes louder and louder at higher frequencies.This is a class B amplifier, which means that the push-pull output transistor must be applied to a quiescent current, even without any input signal. The current can be regulated by a 500 Omega resistor setting.

However,I have a question: Can I use other NPN type power transistor instead of 2N3055?
How about darlington type?
Appreciated....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peiffer

Re: How do you think my 2N3055 audio power amplifier

Post by Peiffer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:05 pm

How much did it cost you to assemble this circuit? Not a lot, right?

Return to “General Discussion”