Running a DC motor from ecig mod

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
oobjwoo

Running a DC motor from ecig mod

Post by oobjwoo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello friends,

As you will see I'm new here, I'm from the UK...recently started to get bored so have decided to start this hobby of messing around robotics and metalworking/woodworking (nothing to heavy as of yet) and selling my projects for extra income. Really starting to enjoy it as well.

I have a question though, from the title, I'd like to know if I can run a 12v dc motor (taken from a battery drill) with a ecig mod. It uses about 50mA when running as doesn't have any load and pulls about 15+ A when under load and anything in-between.

I have a an old smok alien mod, the idea of this isn't to keep running the motor constantly and putting in under load but of a testing facility to quickly plugin----test motor----unplug/solder----test----unplug/solder----test, and so on.

I was wondering if I connect wires to where the coil (RBA) would normally go would this spin the motor when I press the fire-up button on the mod, I ask this as I already have all the equipment but also this mod is easy to charge, small, easy on/off, etc...

What do you guys think?

Thanks

oobjwoo

Re: Running a DC motor from ecig mod

Post by oobjwoo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 am

Does anyone have any idea's about this ?

MichaelSty

Re: Running a DC motor from ecig mod

Post by MichaelSty » Sat May 05, 2018 11:31 am

Not tried anything like this myself, but it's an interesting idea for sure. Did you make any progress btw?

Return to “General Discussion”