edtracker bundle not working

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
fulvio.contu

edtracker bundle not working

Post by fulvio.contu » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:53 pm

hi all, I've bought the edtracker diy bundle,brought to a professional who soldered as said on site, unfortunately when i start the gui although everything is detected, like the arduino port, after flashing no data appears.what I mean is that on the arduino I get a red led on, on the other board i get two steady red leds on and a flashing red light going on and off...... I don't get any yellow or green light on.
I don't know what can be wrong. I can send pictures although everything is soldered as it should. the monitoring is extremely slow and it detects only temperature..... no gyros.... any help?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: edtracker bundle not working

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Sorry to hear this. It may be worth sending a picture as I may be able to spot something wrong. However if you are getting temperature sensor data then I doubt there is anything wrong with the soldering. I notice you bought the GY-521/MPU6050 version. Can I confirm that when you flashed the Pro Micro you selected 'EDTracker2_6050 2.20.9' as the firmware version' ?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

fulvio.contu

Post by fulvio.contu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:18 pm

26510311_10215850888413730_1800602886_o.jpg
Hi Andrew and thanks for helping me, I'll send you pictures of both the gui and the hardware, I've tried to flash all firmwares but it hasn't worked. I've tried different cables,It didnt work.
As for the temperature, everytime it detects different values, sometimes 5000 plus other times 36 or about it and other times 0.
as you can see the gui is not working properly,or at least as i have seen on tutorials on line.... really don't know what to do. but I love the idea of using your product for simulation flights. here are the pictures when the arduino is connected to the pc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks for the images. In the last image that shows attempt to flash the device I can see an error message. Do you get this error every time you try to flash the device? If so can you open up device manager and check if the Pro Micro is listed. It should be listed under the category Ports(COM & LPT). If it is listed do you see any error messages beside it?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

fulvio.contu

Post by fulvio.contu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

26540014_10215850888173724_855130146_o.jpg
No Andrew this message comes only when I flash some firmwares, bu t If a use the calib one or others the flashing
starts but extremely slow and without detecting other imput a part temperature and also in this case the values of the temperature are really strange, sometimes 6000 sometimes 36 sometimes 0.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Thanks again. Just for reference, for your version of EDTracker the correct version of firmware is the one titled 'EDTracker2_6560 2.20.9'. Don't bother trying the 9150/9250 versions as these are not compatible with your version of accellerometer and it will just hang at the initial 'calibrating gyro bias' stage. That said it looks like this is some odd connection or accellerometer issue. If you can confirm that it still doesn't work with the above mentioned 6560 firmware version then I'll contact you via email to try and resolve the problem.

fulvio.contu

Post by fulvio.contu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi Andrew I've followed your last suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. this is my email [email address removed by admin]
Hope we can solve the problem, thank you!

Return to “General Discussion”