Swamped

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
aDub

Swamped

Post by aDub » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 am

Hi Admin,

Can you ensure that the hardware forum, for new postings of equipment, i.e. new posts by admin, are not displayed in the "view unanswered posts" list - there is no point, there is nothing to answer!

By swamping the list, you stop people looking and so less people get help and you probably get less hits on your hardware than you intended.

Regards
AW

admin
Site Admin

Re: Swamped

Post by admin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:16 am

I have looked in to this issue in the past and there doesn't seem to be any way to filter out posts made by admins (or moderators). The forum assumes that all newly created threads are questions and any threads without at least one reply are therefore unanswered. On a forum where users are creating most of the content this is an assumption that works well. However for this forum currently most content is being created by admin accounts and most posts made by users are being made in existing threads (rightly so). So to the forum it looks like admins are the ones asking questions and the users are the ones providing the answers which is of course the opposite of what is actually happening.

I'll take another look at it but I think it's simply just a short coming of the way the forum (phpbb) works.

Return to “General Discussion”