STM8S Cross Posts

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
barewires

STM8S Cross Posts

Post by barewires » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Andrew,

I really enjoy contributing to the forum and spend a lot of time ensuring that the content is accurate and promotes HC products.

I have put a lot of effort into STM8S forums (STM8S103, STM8S003, W1209) but find the STM8S105 gets the most hits but with the least content. Is it feasible to cross link all of the posts as the devices are similar. I also find the active topics default to 7 days and I think that thousands of potential customers will never see the wealth of historical information that we share with great enthusiasm.

All the best,

Roy

andrew
Site Admin

Re: STM8S Cross Posts

Post by andrew » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Yes I've you have been busy. Any content relevant to the thread and useful for other users is greatly appreciated
Is it feasible to cross link all of the posts as the devices are similar.
For the product threads we're trying to keep the threads separate so posts in each thread stay relevant to that particular product. I'm not sure setting the forum (if possible) to automatically cross post anything in one thread to another would be a good idea as any posts relevant to one product, but not the others would get cross-posted and may cause confusion/problems. Also I believe Google de-ranks duplicated content on the same website so I don't think it would be a good way to boost hits.

I think the easiest solution would be to post links to the relevant content in other threads, or just simply cross-post post any useful content into the relevant threads yourself. I could always put a note in the first posts of each thread to make users aware of the other threads.

I also find the active topics default to 7 days and I think that thousands of potential customers will never see the wealth of historical information that we share with great enthusiasm.

This is a limitation of the forum. The number of days to show active topics for is set by the individual user, there is no global setting for it. That said I've had a look though the back end code and found where it is set in the search result and upped it to 3 months.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

barewires

Re: STM8S Cross Posts

Post by barewires » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks for the rapid response and positive action. After buying and learning the entire STM8S series, the only difference is RAM, FLASH, EEPROM and IO (of course pin number and package) so they are fundamentally one and the same. I think that it would be good to post cross-links and I will do the same.

The best thing about eForth is that it is a lightweight embedded "untethered" (self-hosted) Forth system meaning the host system required to blast it can be discarded (or at least used as a low level terminal). I connect it to the smallest PiZeroW with a UART Dongle and SSH in from my phone or tab.

Return to “General Discussion”