Logic analyser driver problems

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
philg54

Logic analyser driver problems

Post by philg54 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:30 am

I am having problems trying to load the drivers for the logic analyser I purchased recently. I downloaded the 1D50_608C drivers as recommend on your web page but I am getting an error message under Device Manager to the effect that "the driver is missing or corrupted". So I tried forcing a driver selection using zadig_xp.exe but I am not seeing the analyser listed in the drop down box even if I choose "List all devices".

I'm running XP with SP2.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Logic analyser driver problems

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:54 am

The drivers supplied on the forum will probably not work with Windows XP (they where generated for later versions of windows). However, as you have correctly identified there is an XP version of the Zadig installer that should install the correct version. It's odd however that device manager is no longer displaying the analyser. With device manager open, when you plug the analyser into the computer does Windows show any sign that it's just been connected? I.e. does Windows make the USB enumeration sound and does device manager refresh its list?

One other thing that's worth trying if you can is another USB cable. Although a bad USB cable may sound unlikely, they are the most common cause of USB problems.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

philg54

Re: Logic analyser driver problems

Post by philg54 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I seem to have loaded the Zadig_xp driver successfully. Although the PC recognises a "USB device" when it is first plugged in, it would not name it correctly (and hence show it in the list of devices under Zadig) unless I had tried, unsuccessfully to load the 1D50_608C driver. However, my first few attempts were followed by uninstalling the failed driver as instructed on your webpage.

The secret was to follow on with the Zadig driver straight away, without the uninstall.

Return to “General Discussion”