LcSoft Logic Analyser - drivers?

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
PhilipJ451

LcSoft Logic Analyser - drivers?

Post by PhilipJ451 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 am

Hi,
I have just bought one of the 16-channel 24 MHz logic analyser based on a bare PCB CY7C68013A dev. board.
When I plugged it into a windows PC (running variously XP up to Windows 10) it just can't find any drivers. I intend to use it with sigrok and I know to use the Zadig program to change logic analysers from their standard USB driver to the WinUSB one so I thought I would try it anyway.
Sure enough Zadig found my "Unknown Device #1" and allowed me to update it and it is now identified as 'fx2lafw'.

I would just say that this is a little disconcerting, and had I not been an experienced user I might not have been willing to just "bang on and try it anyway". I might have thought the board was broken and returned it.
Would it be possible to distribute a working driver with this board?
Failing that a simple note explaining how to get it up and running?

I post this in case it helps anyone else who has bought one of these boards.

regards
PhilipJ

PS: I'm now trying to work out which of the 40 pins on the board are used to provide the 16 logic analyser channels. Again just a note to say would be very useful for people buying this unit.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: LcSoft Logic Analyser - drivers?

Post by andrew » Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Sorry to hear this. With cost sensitive items such as this item we don't normally distribute hard copies of manuals, datasheets or drivers as it adds significantly to the item and shipping costs. Instead, we make all the information available on this support forum for download. For future reference you can just enter the SKU code (HCxxxxxx) for your item into the forum search box to find the appropriate thread. For this analyser you can find the thread here:

http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewto ... 102&t=1891

We also provide a links to the appropriate forum threads on the items sales pages. That said I've just checked the various pages for this product and noticed on some of them the link is missing. Apologies for this, it's now been rectified.

Hope this helps
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

PhilipJ451

Re: LcSoft Logic Analyser - drivers?

Post by PhilipJ451 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks, I did do a search for "logic analyser" but nothing came up which is why I started a new thread.
I understand about cost critical products, and having searched the internet I've found there are many places selling this board the same with no documents or instructions on how to use it so sorry if I criticised you too heavily :-)

Having examined the board more thoroughly I have to say it is a great little board and I may end up using it in a completely different project. Taking the two pin jumper off turns it back into a standard Cypress FX2 development board and there is a load of stuff that you can download from the Cypress website as examples of what it can do.

I even found a guy with a link to the source code of a logic analyser so I should be able to work out which pins are the inputs.

regards
PhilipJ
Ha!! don't need to you've already put it in the thread you linked me to... Thanks

Return to “General Discussion”