Logic Analyser not working

Forum for posting topics and questions about anything.
rohan_dsilva

Logic Analyser not working

Post by rohan_dsilva » Sun May 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use a recently purchased HOBBY COMPONENTS USB 8CH 24MHZ 8 CHANNEL LOGIC ANALYSER (Model HCTEST0006)
with Ardunio Uno

http://hobbycomponents.com/test/243-hob ... c-analyser

I have coded basic high low votage alternate pattern ( rectangle / square wave ) on Ardunio Uno and I could see the voltage going high and low via the multimeter at desired intervals. However I am unable to see the pattern via PulseView. I have adjusted the timings etc but no effect. More details below :

Operating System : Windows 10
Software : PulseView
Device Driver detected : fx2lafw (generic driver for fx2 based la )

Am I doing anything incorrect ? Is there a way I can test that the Logic Analyser is working ?

Thanks
RD

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Logic Analyser not working

Post by andrew » Mon May 16, 2016 9:07 am

I assume that as you can see it changing state on a multimeter that the frequency of your square wave is very low, i.e. a few Hz or less? Can I also check the following things:

What pins have you connected to on the analyser?

Could you provide a screen capture of your PulseView window (ALT + PRT SC) or failing this answer the following questions:

Does PulseView see the analyser? It should say 'sigrok FX2 LA (8ch)' at the top of the PulseView window.

What do you have the number or samples and sample rate set to?

Do you see anything happen when you click the Run button?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

rohan_dsilva

Post by rohan_dsilva » Mon May 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi Andrew,

Yes, to check it on multimeter the frequency is very low. Alternating pattern of high and low of 2 seconds each. I tried with other frequencies, and adjusting pulseview but could not see it.

Re: pin connection : I have connected CH0 of logic analyser to pin 8 of Ardunio and GND of logic analyser to GND of ardunio.
The pulseview seem to see the LA and it shows sigrok FX2 LA . Samples 1 M , Sample Rate 20 KHz

Screen Image when I press run : http://s32.postimg.org/hcmilfuxh/Pulse_View.jpg . There is no pattern on screen even if I use alternate channels.

Thanks
RD

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue May 17, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for the information. It looks like PulseView is communicating with the analyser ok but something defiantly doesn't look right with it. Also with nothing connected to the pins they should default to being high but I can see that channels 3 to 7 are low. I think you may have a faulty analyser. I've found your order so I'm going to PM you with a solution.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “General Discussion”