Microduino Core+ ATmega644PA (HCMIDU0002 & HCMIDU0012)

Microduino products. *** DISCONTINUED ***
admin
Site Admin

Microduino Core+ ATmega644PA (HCMIDU0002 & HCMIDU0012)

Post by admin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Description:

Microduino-Core+ which is based on Atmel ATmega644PA as the core of the core 8-bit microcontroller development board, is an open source architecture, compatible with Arduino UNO controller module.

Microduino-core+ is characterised by the following features:
Using the U-27pin Microduino interface specification, with many interface-compatible peripheral modules and sensors.

The USB serial interface has been split into a serperate module which can be stacked on top of the Microduino Core board allowing the core board to obtain its tiny footprint. Length 25.4mm X Width 27.94mm

The lightweight design gives the Microduino format advantages on size and cost when compared to a standard Arduino Uno.

Microduino is fully compatible with the Arduino development environment (requires extension - see attached file).

Model: Microduino Core+ ATmega644PA
Opperating Voltage: 3.3V (HCMIDU0012) or 5V (HCMIDU0002)
FLASH: 64K
SRAM: 4K
EEPROM: 2K
Clock Frequency: 16MHz

Characteristics:

Small, cheap, stackable.

Open source hardware circuit design, compatible with the Arduino development environment programming process.

Just like and Arduino board, sketches can simply be downloaded into the Microduino using a standard ISP download cable, or by USB cable via the addion of the RS232 interface board.

Unified Microduino interface specification, allowing and rich range of peripheral modules to be 'stacked' onto the the Core board for easy expansion.

Specification:

Digital I / O digital input / output of 0 ~ 13, A0 ~ A5.
In Microduino-Core, labeled RX0, TX1, D2 ~ D13, A0 ~ A5, 20 ports for the digital input and output ports.
Analogue I / O analogue input ports of A0 ~ A7.
Microduino-Core with 8 analog inputs, respectively A0-A7, each providing a 10-bit resolution (ie 1024 different values).
Support for six channel PWM output ports, respectively, 3,5,6,9,10 and 11
ISP downloads.
MCU TX / RX terminals.
AREF pin.
IIC interface, SDA (A4), SCL (A5).
Two external interrupts, respectively, D2, D3

Microduino-Core Pinout:

Microduino Core Schematic:
HCMIDU0002_Microduino_Core_Plus_Schematic.png
Microduino Core PCB Layout:

Arduino SDK Hardware extensions:

Download the attached file and unzip it, and cop it (including the parent Microduino folder) to your Arduino\hardware folder.
Microduino.zip
Microduino.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Icarus60

Re: Microduino Core+ ATmega644PA (5V) (HCMIDU0002)

Post by Icarus60 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Many Thanks for quick service.I have purchased this micro board from you along with the micro usb and micro sd card boards.
I chose this board as it offers two hardware serial ports and more memory.
I added the new Arduino software included on this forum.
I have connected the three boards together powered from a laptop via a standard micro usb lead. The red led is on
I chose to upload the sd card sketch that is included on this forum, to see it the all the boards are functioning OK.
It verifies OK but It refuses to upload. I selected the microboard, have rechecked the USB driver, tried a reset .
Disabled virus software.
At the end of a long wait, circa 3 mins, the an error message is out put:
I have ( I hope) attached a copy of the file which includes the error message in comments at the end.
Thoughts much appreciated

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately your attachment didn't upload but there are a few things we can check anyway. Do you see a COM port associated with the board? Under Tools->Board what do you have selected? Do you have access to any other Arduino boards, and if so do they work with your set up ?

Andrew

Icarus60

Post by Icarus60 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 am

Hi Andrew
I cannot attach the file as this software says extension ino is not allowed, saved as text and it doesn't like that either.
Have therefore pasted from the text file - below
I have a uno that works fine but this of course uses mini usb. The microduino is on Com4 and have redone driver installation. At the bottom of the IDE panel it states "Arduino micro on COM4"
The micro usb lead is new but works OK on other devices. Have just tried another lead and same result.
//Example Read Sketch:
/*
File Verifies OK.File will not upload.On Com4 OK, Board set to Micro?
Binary sketch size: 16,860 bytes (of a 28,672 byte maximum)
Error Problemuploading to board
"Found programmer: Id = "Bn "; type = Software Version = . ; Hardware Version = .avrdude:
error: buffered memory access not supported.
Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?"
*/
I will keep trying but any thoughts appreciated

Onwards and upwards

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 am

If you are seeing the comport then this means that the FT232 module is alive. Do you see a red LED illuminated on the Core+ board, and when you attempt to upload a sketch do you see any LED's illuminate on the FT232 module?

Can I also confirm that you have 'Microduino-Core+ (ATMega644PA@16M,5V)' selected as the board type?

Icarus60

Post by Icarus60 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 am

The red led is lit on Core+ board. There are a couple of flashes (only) on the usb board during upload, The blue light flashes away on the sd card.
The upload appears to time out (4minsish) and throws out the error message.
No I cannot confirm that I have this board selected - it does not appear in the board choices.
I have downloaded the software from the link in here , twice, but 'Microduino-Core+ (ATMega644PA@16M,5V) or anything similar does not appear in the board choices hence I chose Arduino micro.
Your thought appreciated
Regards

Icarus60

Post by Icarus60 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 pm

"Arduino SDK Hardware extensions:
Download the attached file and unzip it, and cop it (including the parent Microduino folder) to your Arduino\hardware folder.
Microduino.zip
Arduino SDK Hardware Extensions
(155.85 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
The attachment Microduino.zip is no longer availableadmin
Site Admin

I may have done this incorrectly as my Arduino folder does not have a \hardware folder so it just unzipped this into a Microduino folder in the Arduino parent folder.
I guess that until I see 'Microduino-Core+ (ATMega644PA@16M,5V) in the Tools-Board drop down in the IDE I will not move forward.
I'll keep trying but any suggestions welcome
Regards

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Ah, this will be the issue. The Arduino folder is the one that contains the Arduino development software, not the one that's in your documents folder (assuming you are using windows). If you installed your Arduino development environment to your 'C' drive, then the path would be C:\Arduino\Hardware\

You need to place the Microduino folder in there. After you restart the Arduino software you should then see some extra Microduino options in your board menu.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Icarus60

Post by Icarus60 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Yes you are bang on. Did as you suggested and the board appears in the list and have now successfuly downloaded the SD card sketch. :)
Onwards and upwards and many thanks for your assistance
Regards.................for now

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Glad we could be of help :D
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Return to “Microduino”