Using the TB65603A controllers

Done something cool with one of our products? Got some helpful advice or a handy tutorial? Promote it here by posting or linking to your blog and tell the world.
Forum rules
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES

Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.

We reserve the right to delete any post linking to external websites which are deemed to either have no relevance to this forum, or where we believe the post was made for the intention of providing a financial benefit to the poster.
Macman

Using the TB65603A controllers

Post by Macman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:12 am

These things are just great, I had a failure with a commercial router controller and finally got my finger out to fix/improve it. First job was to get hold of some stepper drivers and see if they had what I needed to run my motors (NEMA 23). They did, so start on a new case design. As the router produces dust I wanted to avoid the cabinet getting dust inside, so some form of forced cooling was going to be needed.

Some imagineering and CAD time brought about this design. The drivers are inside the cabinet, the fans and exhaust ports on the outside.

3D printing is basically AWSOME, I had these parts printed the next day on my printer. I even printed bolt on mounting slots for the PCB's

The initial design was going to use LinuxCNC for control, but I happened on some complete controllers that handle g-code for less than the price of Mach3. I will have to get it all up and running to be sure it will do everything I need. The g-code is transferred from PC to controller via a USB flash drive, so the only possible downside is no g-code tweaking at the console. For proven jobs this will be way faster and I no longer need a tower PC next to the router (full parallel port required for LinuxCNC)

All testing completed, I just need to route out a case now !!! Well, maybe once I have this lot jury rigged for that job. Thanks to Hobby Components for these great controllers, very underestimated for real CNC applications, next project will be a mill conversion.

Mac

Lowe

Re: Using the TB65603A controllers

Post by Lowe » Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Macman wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:12 am
These things are just great, I had a failure with a commercial router controller and finally got my finger out to fix/improve it. First job was to get hold of some stepper drivers and see if they had what I needed to run my motors (NEMA 23). They did, so start on a new case design. As the router produces dust I wanted to avoid the cabinet getting dust inside, so some form of forced cooling was going to be needed.

Some imagineering and CAD time brought about this design. The drivers are inside the cabinet, the fans and exhaust ports on the outside.

3D printing is basically AWSOME, I had these parts printed the next day on my printer. I even printed bolt on mounting slots for the PCB's

The initial design was going to use LinuxCNC for control, but I happened on some complete controllers that handle g-code for less than the price of Mach3. I will have to get it gimp freejobalert notepad++ all up and running to be sure it will do everything I need. The g-code is transferred from PC to controller via a USB flash drive, so the only possible downside is no g-code tweaking at the console. For proven jobs this will be way faster and I no longer need a tower PC next to the router (full parallel port required for LinuxCNC)

All testing completed, I just need to route out a case now !!! Well, maybe once I have this lot jury rigged for that job. Thanks to Hobby Components for these great controllers, very underestimated for real CNC applications, next project will be a mill conversion.

Mac
Seeing your project gave me hope to continue mine again. Also mine is bit similar as yours.

Thanks and Regards,
Lowe

Return to “Community Projects”