Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How to improve user experience of web shop 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 3
Post How to improve user experience of web shop
A couple of thoughts:

1. When I was checking my previous order under My Account, I had to dismiss about 6 jQuery pop-up messages before I got to my details - a bit of re-coding needed?

2. When browsing products on your website, I found it a bit of a fiddle to find more details by logging into the forum, searching for the product number (having saved it in the shop), and eventually getting to the info. It took several goes to find this out. It would be great (and good for business) if you provided an obvious link (differently coloured text?) from product page to forum page.

I must say that having such a useful forum available has encouraged me to shop with yourselves rather than get stuff from anonymous oriental sites.


Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:16 am
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:15 pm
Posts: 617
Post Re: How to improve user experience of web shop
Quote:
1. When I was checking my previous order under My Account, I had to dismiss about 6 jQuery pop-up messages before I got to my details - a bit of re-coding needed?


We aren't aware of this problem but we'll keep an eye on it. Could you possibly have your security settings on your browser set to block java? Over time we will be slowly moving away from eBay. We have already stopped adding new products to our eBay shop and we plan to eventually pull out of it all together.

Quote:
2. When browsing products on your website, I found it a bit of a fiddle to find more details by logging into the forum, searching for the product number (having saved it in the shop), and eventually getting to the info. It took several goes to find this out. It would be great (and good for business) if you provided an obvious link (differently coloured text?) from product page to forum page.


This is something we have already started doing and will continue. We have a lot of old product pages that are overdue for a revamp.

Quote:
I must say that having such a useful forum available has encouraged me to shop with yourselves rather than get stuff from anonymous oriental sites.


Thanks for the feedback it is always apreciated. We are really trying to set ourselves apart by creating useful content for existing products, and we will slowly be moving towards our own unique products. Please also check out our blog (blog.hobby.components.com). We are not officially promoting it until we have enough content but we are working on that!


Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 3
Post Re: How to improve user experience of web shop
Thanks for your prompt reply.

andrew wrote:
We aren't aware of this problem but we'll keep an eye on it. Could you possibly have your security settings on your browser set to block java? Over time we will be slowly moving away from eBay. We have already stopped adding new products to our eBay shop and we plan to eventually pull out of it all together.


Point taken - I don't have the Java plug-in installed in Safari. Must be a Mac-user-thing.

Good luck as a stand-alone store.

Best wishes.


Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Thank you to phpBB.com & phpBB.ro.
Design created by Florea Cosmin Ionut.
© 2011 All contents of this site are © Hobby Components LTD