Sonoff SV (HCSONO0008)

Sonoff ESP8266 based home automation products ***** NEW *****
admin
Site Admin

Sonoff SV (HCSONO0008)

Post by admin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Sonoff SV(safe voltage) is a low power supply Sonoff ESP8266 based development board which supports 5-24V power supply. The power separation circuit enables it to control AC or DC power for the connected device, but you need to do some soldering to use this function, please refer to the soldering instructions below. Sonoff SV has GPIO reserved to support secondary development. This version does not have 433MHz RF function.

Features
Support 5~24V power supply.
Support fast configure SSID and password through APP.
Support automatic connect to server, register and update status info.
Support tracking device status and timely remote control through APP.
Support setting single/repeat/countdown timing tasks.
Reserve GIPO for secondary development.

WIFI Characteristics
• 802.11 b / g / n
• Built-in Tensilica L106 ultra-low power consumption 32-bit micro-MCU, dominant frequency support 80 MHz and 160 MHz, support RTOS
• Built-in TCP / IP protocol stack
• Built-in TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
• Built-in PLL, voltage regulator and power supply management components, 802.11b mode +20 dBm output power
• A-MPDU&A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4μs guard interval
• WiFi @ 2.4 GHz, supports WPA / WPA2 safe mode
• Support cloud OTA upgrade
• Support STA / AP / STA + AP mode
• UART, I2C, PWM, GPIO
• Deep sleep maintain current is 10 uA, shutdown current is less than 5 uA
• Wake-up, connect and transfer data packets in 2 ms
• Standby power consumption is less than 1.0 mW (DTIM3)

Soldering Instructions

Pinout
Pin Pin Name Description
1 3V3 Chip power
2 TX Serial transmit port
3 RX Serial receiving port
4 GND GND
5 GPIO4 I/O
6 GPIO5 I/O
7 GPIO14 I/O

Dimensions
Sonoff_SV-Dimension.pdf
Schematic
Sonoff_SV_Schematic.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dkeshish

Re: Sonoff SV low voltage landscaping

Post by Dkeshish » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:53 am

Hi guys first time here and I must say there is a ton of great info! Per the instructions I did not buy the son off sv from hobby components

So truth be told I'm a total noob on this topic and have since fried 3 of this boards (I think)

I have a patio with low voltage lights on top. This is powered by a low voltage transformer with an inline switch so that I can control when I want my lights on and off. I'd like to take the switch out and run my lights using the son off sv. I've tried to connect with the jumpers on, fried, removing the jumpers fried, removing 1 of the jumpers fried. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm know my way around electrical things but for some reason I'm an idiot here. Thanks!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Sonoff SV (HCSONO0008)

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:07 am

Per the instructions I did not buy the son off sv from hobby components
What instructions would they be? I can't image we would have advised you not to buy an SV from us.

This is powered by a low voltage transformer with an inline switch
Do you know what the output voltage of the transformer is, 12V? AC or DC?

Are you powering the SV from the output of the transformer?

I've tried to connect with the jumpers on
Which jumpers would they be?

removing the jumpers fried, removing 1 of the jumpers fried.
What actually burnt out? The SV, the transformer or the lights etc?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Dkeshish

Post by Dkeshish » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:07 am

What instructions would they be? I can't image we would have advised you not to buy an SV from us.
"Please read before requesting technical support" it says make sure to post if you bought the item from us. So I did :-). Following rules here lol

Do you know what the output voltage of the transformer is, 12V? AC or DC? It is indeed 12v and. Assuming it's ac because the transformer is connected to the house

Are you powering the SV from the output of the transformer? Yes so the 12 volt output is where I want to connect the sv to

Which jumpers would they be? I removed the jumpers right next to the in + - terminal

What actually burnt out? The SV, the transformer or the lights etc? I have no idea but there was smoke. This is where you laugh lol

I have 3 more and just need guidance on what I need to do. If possible. For some reason taking the sonoff putting the output wires of the transformer to the input of the sonoff clearly isn't right.

Thank you so very much for taking the time

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:56 am

"Please read before requesting technical support" it says make sure to post if you bought the item from us. So I did :-). Following rules here lol
Oh I see :-)

Do you know what the output voltage of the transformer is, 12V? AC or DC? It is indeed 12v and. Assuming it's ac because the transformer is connected to the house
Sorry I should have made that question a bit clearer, do you know if the output of the transformer is 12V AC or DC? If it is AC then you can't power the SV from it, it needs a DC source. If its just a transformer then its output is probably AC and that will be your problem.

I removed the jumpers right next to the in + - terminal
For jumper J8 it should be removed if you are powering the SV with anything above 5V. Inserting the jumper with a 12V supply would likely cause something to burn out.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Dkeshish

Post by Dkeshish » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:13 am

So do you have any ideas of how I can get this thing to work? Other than the sonoff sv

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:54 am

The two options that immediately come to mind is either to get a mains adapter with an output somewhere between 5 and 12V DC so that you can power the SV from the same source as you transformer or get a Sonoff basic which can be powered directly from the mains and you could use that to switch the power going into your transformer.

Dkeshish

Post by Dkeshish » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks Andrew for all your guidance! Really appreciate it man

The transformer option won't work as I have that powering lots of different lights

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:51 am

Ah ok, the SV with its own power supply is the only thing I can think of then I'm afraid.

Return to “Sonoff”