Wemos/Lolin D32 ESP32 development board (HCWEMO0014)

Wemos ESP8266 based development boards and shields
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Wemos/Lolin D32 ESP32 development board (HCWEMO0014)

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am

Odd, I expected it to be a problem with something pasted there but your list looks fine to me.

Just to be sure I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it again on 1.8.9 and it worked fine so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the link.

At what point do you see the error message appear, when you first open up the boards manager window (Tools->Board:->Boards Manager...), or when you actually try to install the Espressif package by clicking the install button?
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Tiffa

Post by Tiffa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Non of the boards in the package appear in my boards list

I go to Tools/Board/Board Manager and the error message appears in the Board Manager window, bottom left. The Lolin D32 package does not appear in the list to enable an install, if I type in ESP32 in the search box at the top of the screen the list of installed boards returns a blank, the Lolin D32 and accociated boards download is not there, not downloaded.

Thanks for your help so far Andrew

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah, if the board manager is reporting an error it doesn't surprise me that it's not appearing in the list but just wanted to be sure I understood the problem correctly.

The only thing I can think of to try is to temporally remove all the links in the preferences section and then open up the board manager again to see if the error is still there.

If the error is still there then that means there's something more fundamentally wrong with the IDE.

If it goes away then it must be one of the links that's causing the problem so you could try adding them back one by one and each time checking board manager to see if the error comes back.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Tiffa

Post by Tiffa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:33 am

Hi Andrew

Found the problem, I'm running W7 and the Windows clock has stopped updating so it cannot sync the HTTPS sites. As soon as I updated my clock using the time.nist.gov site everything worked. It took a while, but I got there.

Chris

Return to “WeMos”