EDTracker Bundle (HCKITS0021, 21B, 21E, 21F, 21G, 21H & 21I)

EDracker products
inhib

Re: EDTracker Bundle (HCKITS0021, 21B, 21E, 21F, 21G, 21H & 21I)

Post by inhib » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello !
I'm really interested in buying the pre-soldered bundle and I have some questions.

First, which version of the bundle is it ? The PMU-9250 or the GY-521 one ?
Second, when I have bought the pre soldered bundle, do I need to buy something else or is it a complete bundle ?

Many thanks

Fred from france

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm

First, which version of the bundle is it ? The PMU-9250 or the GY-521 one ?
The pre-soldered bundle is the MPU9250 version (same as HCKITS0021H). This also includes the case.
Second, when I have bought the pre soldered bundle, do I need to buy something else or is it a complete bundle ?
As with the other kits if you intend to use the case it will need the holes cutting for the USB connector and push button. The only other thing hardware wise you will need is a microUSB cable.

For software they are pre-flashed with the correct Edtracker firmware but you will still need to calibrate it.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

inhib

Post by inhib » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 am

Thanks, I've just made my order

Mishou

Post by Mishou » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Hello!

I'm interested in buying an Edtracker kit, sadly no presoldered on stock as I would have preffered that one. I'm one handed and not to experienced with soldering so it would be possible to get the kit assembled by you or the parts to be soldered at least? I will gladly pay for your work.

Thank you!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:17 pm

If you can send a email to sales [at] hobbycomponents.com and just copy or reference this post someone will sort it out for you. If we don't have them back in stock soon I'm sure we can build one up for you.
Comments made by this poster do not necessarily reflect the views of Hobby Components Ltd.

Mishou

Post by Mishou » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Thank you very much!

xxThe_Dice_manxx

Post by xxThe_Dice_manxx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:14 pm

I got this:

1 x HCKITS0021H: Pro Micro, MPU-9250, Switch, EDTracker PCB and Enclosure

And it seems I have bitten off more than I can chew, firstly the ED tracker Pro UI software freezes and woun't respond when clicked on.

But on to the kit, I assembled it scruffy job but all seems solid, I plug it in and it appears to be working with 3 red lights one of which is blinking.

It appears in the devices screen as EDtracker/EDtracker2 but when I right click the icon and click controller settings nothing happens for 30 seconds then a game controller box appears which will freeze when I click it.

Back to the ED tracker pro UI it does not recognise EDtracker when it is plugged it, it does nothing but not respond when I click it.

I run WIN 10 pro on a highish end pc.

Can anyone help me please?

xxThe_Dice_manxx

Post by xxThe_Dice_manxx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 pm

I have discovered I was using the wrong gui, DOH!

So I got the correct one and hey preston it connected to the tracker and seems to be running ok.

I seem to have made a mess of the soldering however as the complete unit will not fit in the inclosure, do you have any suggestions how I remove the solder from the 3 parts pointed out here:
https://imgur.com/a/3qCHrSE

Why can't I use the pro tracker gui? what is the difference between the pro tracker and this diy one?

I had one of the original EDtrackers which suffered from drift, am I going to get drift with this one as well?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 am

do you have any suggestions how I remove the solder from the 3 parts pointed out here:
For solder on pads a solder sucker will work but that wont get it off the pin header so some de-solder braid would be your best option. If you have some multi stranded copper wire such as from an old electrical cable that can be used as de-soldering braid at a push.

Why can't I use the pro tracker gui?
The EDTracker pro uses different hardware so I guess that's the reason but maybe this question would be best directed at EDTracker.

what is the difference between the pro tracker and this diy one?
You can find a comparison between the two on EDTrackers website here:

https://www.edtracker.co.uk/products/compare

I had one of the original EDtrackers which suffered from drift, am I going to get drift with this one as well?
I can see from your picture that you have the GY521 version and I assume that's the version you had previously. Unlike the MPU9250 version of the kit, the GY521 doesn't have a compass, just an accellerometer and gyro which are both prone to drift and so because of this it will need occasionally re-calibrating.

unlimit3d

Post by unlimit3d » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi,

First of all, I hope this is the right place for this post.
That being said, I recently bought one of the following EDTracker kits from HobbyComponents:

1 x HCKITS0021H: Pro Micro, MPU-9250, Switch, EDTracker PCB and Enclosure.

I've tried following all the documentation and build guides (including YouTube Videos) as best as I could, however, I couldn't manage to get it to work.
I can flash the Arduino Leonardo successfully, drivers are installed, device is correctly detected as Arduino Leonardo COM device in Device Manager. Once plugged in, a solid RED LED is on. When being flashed, all three LEDs are in RED. Once flashing is complete, the LED is back to solid RED and the EDTracker GUI simply doesn't detect it. When I connect the serial console via Arduino IDE, another LED flashes quickly. Same when I click on "Connect" via the EDTracker GUI. No temperature output, nothing. I´ve tried flashing the latest 9250 firmware along with others (just for the sake of trying) however, no luck so far.

Here's are the things I've tried so far:

- Make sure I use the correct DIY EDTracker GUI
- Wait a few minutes after flashing the firmware, although it's meant to take only 20 seconds.
- Uninstalling and installing the drivers again
- Flashing older versions of the firmware (in the EDTracker GUI, you can select older versions of firmware when debugging is on
- Flashing the sketch via Arduino IDE (both IDE v1.6.4 and latest) using the steps from Github, making sure all libraries are included. Sketch uploads correctly, but nothing works after that. Solid RED LED as when using the EDTracker GUI (DIY one, not PRO).
- No output in console when doing test via Arduino IDE (data should be present)
- Running I2C scanner, it simply comes back with "01", nothing else
- Making sure no flux is between the pins
- Resolder the MPU
- Make sure all joints are as shiny as possible (make sure joints aren't cold)
- Make sure button is clicking and not stuck
- Make sure USB cable can transmit data. Tried different cable as well (although pointless as device is indeed being flashed)
- Make sure I use USB 2.0 instead of 3.0

Could it be that the MPU or Arduino are faulty? I just feel like I´ve tried everything possible, however, there is just no way of making this connect to the EDTracker GUI and output data. Same for when I do it via the Arduino IDE - no readings at all. Even I2C scanner seems to get hung, it just comes back with "01" (whatever that means).

I´ve gathered a lot of pictures from both the device and Windows 10 / EDTracker GUI, Arduino IDE, etc.

Here´s a Google Drive Link to the pictures (they're too large to be uploaded to the forum):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B4_np ... b8E_9K1uBu

Thanks in advance for your time

Return to “EDTracker”